To perform all Powder Filling functions and related activities for products manufactured at Coca-Cola Swaziland. To ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with Company quality, SCE/MRP, security, safety and health standards.
- Be able to set up and operate (or use) correctly the Dry Parts filling equipment namely; check-weigher, metal detector, label applicators, carton forming machine, scales and any other equipment used in the department.
- Be capable of check-weighing ingredient addition and to fill the necessary control charts during the filling operation to ensure that all fill-weights are correct and within defined limits.
- Be familiar with the weekly production schedule and be able to order from warehouse packaging materials needed.
- Be able to pack WIPs, form cartons, run bag inserting, manual label and palletize as per standard operating procedures.
- Be capable of completing PI Sheets (production reports) accurately on the completion of each batch.
- Be capable of carrying out the daily cleaning and sanitation programmes effectively and adhering to all GMP requirements.
- Be capable of picking for use the correct quantity and lot number of the various components indicated on the process order and ensure that ingredient remnants have been accurately weighed and the weight is clearly displayed on fraction stickers.
- Be able to maintain strict security of all powder filling rooms, hoppers, ingredients and sealing equipment. To ensure appropriate use of PPE and also ensure to work in a safe environment.
- Be able to operate or work within the set Safety and Environmental, Food safety & Quality regulations/policies
- Be capable of completing an OEE sheet/MES database accurately to depict the true performance of a production line.
- Be capable of performing first line maintenance on basic equipment (e.g cleaning equipment, scales, tape sealers, gluing machines, fillers and reporting on basic equipment faults)
Environmental Management, Occupational Health & Safety, and Food Safety & Quality
- Cooperate and follow instructions given by the employer (CCS Leadership Team), Commissioner of Labour, Inspector or any other person lawfully authorized to give such instructions in keeping the working conditions safe and without risk to health and injury in the field of that activity.
- Use, any means, appliance, equipment or other safety devise for securing safety and health as provided by the employer (CCS Leadership Team) for use and protection of the employee or property in any process an per the instructions given by the employer or any person lawfully authorized to do so.
- Report to the employer (CCS Leadership Team) any situation as soon as it becomes unsafe or unhealthy, or where an accident occurs report such accident to the employer or supervisor.
- Ensure adherence to Environmental management, occupational health and safety, Food safety and quality procedures, work instructions, and work aids and not compromise the environment, occupational health and safety, food safety and quality.
- Report all environmental, occupational health and safety, food safety and quality related incidents to their immediate supervisor without delay.
Number of filled batches per month: 350 (about 93000 bags packed)
- Q.A. with regards to fill weight charts, process monitoring and label approval.
- Logistics with regards to packaging and finished product receipt
- Maintenance with regard to repair, maintenance and calibration of all equipment used in the department.
- Customer Services & Planning, with regard to urgent orders and schedule changes
- Commercialization, with regards to new products introduction, PI sheets and BOM’s
- Planning, with regards to production schedules.
Related Job Requirements/Qualifications:
1 year experience in a related manufacturing environment
Supervisory experience and computer literacy, an essential advantage
Good communication skills
Educational Requirements: Indicate the minimum education level required to perform the job.
Technical tertiary education or equivalent
- Must be able to conduct business in English due to business requirements
- Be familiar with ingredient characteristics like appearance, odor and density.
- Must be mathematically inclined for purposes of yield calculations, and component usage calculation where necessary (issuing of components in SAP).
- Be able to read and understand an SMI
- Be able to change and update SOP’s so that they match practice at all times
- Be able to identify non-conformances and initiate corrective action
- Be able to report all near-misses and accidents in the work environment
- Be able to keep WIP updated to match the system (SAP)
- Be able to suggest better ways of doing the job
- Be able to identify causes for downtime
Judgment and Decision-Making:
- Ensure all critical control points in all filling processes meet specifications.
- Ensure an official authorization has been granted in cases of deviations before proceeding with the process in all cases.
- Acidic, corrosive/hazardous, dusty and coloured powders (amount of dusty ingredients has increased).
- Lifting of finished product cartons and manual handling of ingredient bags
Physical work conditions:
- Able-bodied to climb steps, and lift up various kind of material as required
- Be able to drive a fork lift truck
- Be able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years.
Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
TO APPLY :