Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for the position of an Accountant. This is a middle-level management position and the incumbent shall report to the Town Treasurer.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
i. Conduct Financial Planning:
- Assist in the preparation of budget and the managing of budget variance
- Prepare annual cash flow forecast and update same on a monthly basis
ii. Rates monitoring
- Conduct the collection of rates process issue rates clearance(s) and payment of dues
- Prepare Certified statements for Rates defaulters
iii. Financial statement and reporting
- Draft Council Financial Statements
- Ensure tax returns are submit timeously
- Prepare management accounts monthly and submit to the Town Treasurer
- Post Journals after approval by Town Treasurer
iv. Conduct reconciliation (s)
- Prepare all council reconciliation including creditors, .btors, revenue and bank reconciliation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The competencies listed below are representative of the requirements.
- Bachelor of commerce in Accounting Of Equivalent
- Computer literacy
- Pastel accounting, Sage Evolution and any other
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in local government
- Driver’s License
- Excellent knowledge & counting regulations
- Hands on experience with accounting and financial system software including SAGE
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- People’s skills
- Detail oriented
Applications, accompanied by curriculum vitae and copies of certificates should be sent to: Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directed to: The HR Officer, Piggs Peak town Council, P.O. Box 479.
Closing date: 15th of September 2023
Appointment will be limited to shortlisted applicants only that shall be subjected to verifications, assessment and extensive background check up.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you are not contacted in 2 weeks after the closing date