Ubombo Sugar Limited is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group, a leading producer of sugar and downstream products. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the above position that has arisen in the Factory Division.
THE JOB: Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman (Machine Shop) or his/her nominee, the purpose of the job is to carry out all machining work and to attend to break downs.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Manufacture shafts, sleeves, hubs and couplings within stipulated requirements.
- Produce different types of thread profiles like acme, buttress, square and threads.
- Manufacture concentric and eccentric shafts for the mills.
- Manufacture spur, helical and spiral gears.
- Produce splinted shafts and sprockets.
- Tapping large range of components and reaming them.
- Produce key ways and keys on bore and pump shafts.
- Perform standby duties.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
- N4 (Mechanical) or equivalent Certificate.
- Trade Test (Turning/Machining) Certificate.
- Ability to operate lathe, shaping, milling, grinders, broachers, bend saw, vertical saw machines.
- Knowledge of the Continuous Improvement system.
- Self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
This is a permanent position and carries attractive Conditions of Service commensurate to its level of seniority.
Applications with detailed C.V., copies of qualifications, and names of two referees marked “Turner/Machinist”, must be emailed to the Human Resources Head at: Recruitment@illovo.co.za on or before Monday 17 May, 2020.
Note: If you do not receive any correspondence within 21 days after the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.