The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is engaged in several technology initiatives across various countries to address critical gaps in effective health systems operations and delivery. Infrastructure and human resource constraints limit the impact of public health programs and cause unacceptable delays in achieving widely recognized goals of universal access to prevention and treatment. When designed and implemented well, technology solutions can achieve transformational impact without significant capital investments and enable more efficient use of limited resources.
CHAI’s Global Information Systems (GIS) team assists several country and global teams in using technology to facilitate programmatic impact by addressing critical gaps in effective health systems operations and delivery. Currently, GIS is leading the implementation of sustainable technology solutions to strengthen national health care delivery across multiple programmatic areas including supply chain, COVID response and health financing. In addition, GIS works in close collaboration with CHAI country teams to provide technical advisory to Ministries of Health on eHealth strategy, technology led transformations and local capacity building.
The Associate will be primarily responsible for backstopping all project activities on the supply chain implementations. Reporting to the Technical Advisor, the Associate will undertake research, documentation, reporting, coordination, and communication activities required for the project. In addition, the Associate will support GIS in identifying, assessing, and proposing new engagement opportunities.
- Determine operational objectives by studying the business functions, processes and procedures; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats of existing and emerging health information management systems.
- Assist the development of detailed design and technical requirements for eHealth systems like HMIS, HRIS and LMIS systems, with particular attention to interoperability with existing systems.
- Assist in supervising software development partners to develop test and deploy the system
- Assist in developing a detailed implementation plan for software release and deployment
- Assist in deploying system including procurement of hardware resources as needed
- Assist in developing training material and SOPs, plan and conduct trainings for end users.
- Assist in developing, monitoring and analyzing performance indicators to quantify impact
- Provide ongoing support to country teams during implementation of any technology solution
- Assist in developing a long-term strategy and timeline for the scale-up of the system
- Explore and expand the scope of technology solutions to support other health system and service delivery areas as needed for CHAI
- Document findings from scoping and implementation activities to generate detailed report and recommendations
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Backstop other team activities as required
- Support proposal writing as well as developing donor reports
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or other relevant fields
- Minimum five years’ experience in technical project support, testing, and deploying technology systems
- Proficient in technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, database concepts, and system design and architecture
- Excellent analytical skills, particularly in systems and/or information systems analysis
- Experience communicating technological concepts and processes to non-technical stakeholders with limited computing skills
- Understanding of Software Product delivery
- Familiar with relational database concepts and client-server concepts
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Expert/Advance SQL skills strongly preferred
- Detail oriented, analytical, and curious
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extensive technical writing skills
- Experience living or working in resource-limited countries
- Experience in information management systems, especially in public health
- Familiarity with Software Development lifecycle
- Familiarity with Product Roadmaps
- Bilingual in French and English with excellent written and oral proficiency
Application: Applicants should apply online at https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/
All individuals should submit their applications no later than 22nd February 2021. Short-listed individuals will be contacted to schedule an interview. We regret that we will only be able to respond to those applicants selected for interviews.
Please note: Due to CHAI’s collaborative relationship with the Government of Eswatini, we are unable to accept applications from individuals currently working for the government