This is a leadership role that requires people management skills, excellent attention to detail and ability to execute and follow through on projects.
The Camp Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational running of the establishment ensuring quality standards throughout every department and providing an excellent experience for the guests. This role is responsible for overseeing accommodation, food and beverage, grounds, activities and reception. The role is key for maximizing guest satisfaction and for the strategic development of the property.
The successful candidate should have an excellent level of commercial awareness, an ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests. Also responsible for highlighting short/medium/long-term issues to Senior Management and to help formulate and implement solutions.
CAMP MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Fully responsible for all aspects of all departments.
• Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running this establishment
• Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
• Conduct regular operations team meetings with all the HOD daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, GSTS feedback / RSTS feedbacks and action taken for service recovery, as well as any staff issues. Minutes of the meetings to be sent to Senior Management.
• Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks.
• Monitor the purchase / requisitions of each department.
• Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc) with the Chef. Ensuring month end stock takes and reconciliations
• Dealing with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products involving Procurement Manager and providing performance assessment of vendors every quarter to HO Purchase.
• Effective upholding of organisation’s policies and procedures and effective management of any client and or staff conflicts
• Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost and revenues in order to maintain maximum profit to the organisation.
• Excellent revenue and cost control management skills
• Working knowledge of tourism, local cultures, conservation and maintenance
• Management and Training of staff in all departments
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with a professional attitude and an ability to work with different international cultures.
• Effective financial management
• Strength and experience in human resource management, Food & Beverage, housekeeping, maintenance, planning and organisation.
• General Marketing knowledge to be able to give beneficial input.
• Ability to embrace change and strategic development
Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field.
Computer Knowledge, MS office.
Minimum 3 to 4 years work experience in a 3 to 5 Star Establishment as a Deputy Manager, Asst. Operations Manager or Lodge Manager.
If interested in the above position and have the right qualification, skills and experience, please email us your resume, certified qualifications and certified ID to email@example.com.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for the applications is the 08th of March 2023.