This position has full accountability to design a Technology Development Strategy in alignment with business objectives, ensuring effective deployment, operational performance and maintenance of MTN Radio networks, switching systems, VAS systems, RF Transmission systems and fibre network to satisfy the Telecommunications needs of customers. Develop the Technology Strategy and drive innovation to ensure the competitive positioning of the Company. Align Technology platforms to support the revenue streams of the Company.
Context (Global influences, environmental or industry demands, organizational nature)
- Technology Changes.
- Changes in inflation and prices.
- Fluctuations of global currencies.
Key Performance Areas
Staff Leadership and Management
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff motivation is high to achieve high performance areas.
- Ensure skill transfer for staff development, motivation and business continuity. Ensure skill transfer for staff development, motivation and business continuity.
- Guide and direct suppliers and third parties in achieving Opco objectives.
- Identify staff training and development needs and implement necessary actions.
- Manage team (including recruitment, on-boarding, attrition).
- Set goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and maintain motivation.
- Set up appropriate structure to meet departmental management objectives.
Provide an advisory function on governance and best practices.
- Governance: Adhoc, Strategic and Operational Meetings
- Set up and participate in adhoc and operational meetings.
- Participate and provide inputs in tactical meetings.
- Report at process and functional level.
- Review and identify key risks, issues and dependencies and set mitigation actions.
· Sign-off or make decisions regarding operational changes
- Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of service delivery.
- Escalate issues that will result in significant time, scope, employee/customer or cost impact if not resolved.
- Manage and provide solutions to issues that require formal resolution.
- Ensure effective execution of day to day operations and resolve operational issues.
- Review team performance against agreed KPI’s and their compliance to SLAs and reverse SLAs.
- Review and monitor plan for continuous improvement through leading practice initiatives.
- Reporting in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the Organization.
- Report on an adhoc basis on specific management requirements as and when required.
Operational Delivery- Task Complexity
- Develop the Strategy for Technology function in MTN Eswatini in line with best global best practice in order to ensure that the company is viable both internally and externally as a social and financial entity.
- Ensure the effective deployment, operational performance and maintenance of the company’s Radio Networks, Switching Systems, IT and VAS systems, RF Transmission systems and Fibre Network to satisfy the telecommunication needs of the customer.
- Ensure the Network quality through the deployment of new and advanced optimization techniques.
- Provide Strategic direction, including processes, policies and procedures in the context of the Group Technology Information and Service delivery systems and Strategy and align to the overall MTN Group Strategy.
- Provide leadership and management with the visibility, control and decision support required to understand and manage network groups, as well as provide the team with the expertise to build its capabilities in order to drive effectiveness and efficiencies within it.
- Prepare the annual Technology work plan and ensure the effective execution thereof in order to ensure the business objectives are achieved.
- Establish Technology functions in alignment with the business Plan objectives, in order to effectively drive the overall business and Group objectives.
- Establish and monitor performance benchmarks for the network group in order to ensure ongoing effectiveness of the division.
- Prepare, monitor and control the annual departmental budget to ensure expenditure is in line with the business plan.
- Research and analyze technology trends and assist in the development of the MTN technology Strategy and standards to drive business value.
- Capex and investment governance in the IT and VAS areas through active participation in Capital Steering committees.
- Setting technology Capex management in the IT/VAS space to optimize TCO and drive ROI improvements where applicable.
- Perform reviews and evaluations of new technologies for the benefit of the business.
- Develop and implement information security strategies and processes while complying with laws and regulations within a rapidly expanding IT landscape.
- Business planning and accountability for the financial viability of the division.
- Ensure procurement procedures are accurately and timeously followed.
- Develop and maintain effective processes to ensure an effective an effective interface to customer service departments, marketing, sales and finance departments.
- Ensure excellent network quality that meets and exceeds pre-agreed service standards
- Ensure reduction of expenditure via sharing of infrastructure and services, outsourcing of services and more effective use of existing assets.
- Ensure standardization of network technology, including evolution paths as well as standardized group architecture, toolkits, templates and more, plus ensure standardized processes for implementation and maintenance.
- Establish competency centres within the Company in order to offer technical support in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage suppliers and ensure effective delivery and cost-effective arrangements, staff development, motivation and business continuity.
- 4 year academic degree
- Post Graduate Qualification MBA will be an advantageous
- Minimum 8 years experience in IT environment and Engineering GSM Operations environment
- Managerial track record of 5 years or more, with at least 3 years in relevant sector/industry.
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise
- Experience in working across diverse cultures and geographies, advantageous.
- Technical Architecture and solution experience for Mobile Technologies, IT Applications and VAS platforms.
- Keen understanding of OSS/BSS systems related to the delivery of services.
- Strategic Planning experience.
- Project Management
NB: Only eSwatini Nationals will be considered for this position.