The Nazarene Compassionate Ministries has partnered with Pact to implement the Swaziland Ready, Resourceful and Risk Aware Project (Triple R) locally named Insika yaKusasa. The goal of the project is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among OVC, AG and YW in Swaziland. To facilitate effective implementation of the project, the Nazarene Compassionate Ministries-Eswatini is seeking to recruit suitable qualified and experienced individual in the following positions:
• Community Leadership Engagement Officer
• Monitoring and Linkages Assistant Officer
NCM-Eswatini works in the Ludzeludze, Nkomiyahlaba and Manzini North Tinkhundla.
COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP ENGAGEMENT OFFICER X 2
Reporting to: Insika Program Manager (PM)
• Responsibilities but not limited to:
• Executing all community leadership engagement activities in the DREAMS Tinkhundla/chiefdom under NCM.
• Raise community awareness on factors influencing AGYW vulnerability: Document feedback and action items from the chiefdom engagement meetings, especially related to how community leadership can support AGYW and the community to address issues of negative gender norms, GBV, and teen pregnancy.
• Conduct quarterly engagement and feedback meetings with key community leaders and stakeholders (CDCs plus !Ps, government entities, local partners and Mobile units) to review project results and discuss challenges/solutions related to service uptake, GBV teen pregnancy, school dropouts, and promotion of positive gender norms.
• Participate in parliamentarian sessions scheduled to advocate on AGYW related issues, including GBV, teen pregnancy and gender norms.
• Facilitate discussion sessions with AGYW and male partners within the chiefdom level structures on positive gender norms in relation to supporting uptake of clinical services to prevent unwanted pregnancies, GBV, and HIV infections.
• Sensitize Traditional leadership on the role of harmful cultural practices and SGBV in HIV risk
• Participate in regional coordination meetings, and mentorship and community data activities & incorporate negative gender norms themes that impact AGYW.
• Utilize existing meeting points with chiefdom and HCF such as Clinic health Committees. Or, create an engagement platform to meet IP clinical support needs
• A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social and/or Behavioral Sciences or a related field, with specific emphasis on community-level health promotion and/or education. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of Gender Norms, HIV prevention and sexual reproductive health services relevant to AGYW, including PrEP, PEP, pregnancy prevention, condoms, and HIV testing.
• Knowledge and experience working within traditional community leadership structures
• Personal or work experience with Adolescent Girls & Young Women (AGYW) populations.
• Minimum 2-year experience in implementing/supporting community-level HIV prevention programmes involving multiple stakeholders in USAID PEPFAR will be added advantage
• M&E knowledge and/or experience in conducting data analysis for reporting purposes
• Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, team building and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships.
• High integrity, self-driven, team player able to work with minimum supervision.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both languages (English and SiSwati).
LINKAGES ASSISTANT OFFICERS X 2
Position objective: The project is expected to significantly increase the enrolment of C/ALHIV through engagements with health facilities. The expectation is that not less than 95% of C/ALHIV enrolled and collecting treatment from facilities in the Insika Tinkhundla must be enrolled in insika to receive social services under the comprehensive OVC arm of the project.
Reporting to: OVC Field Officer
1. Roles and responsibilities
• Responsible for linking C/ALHIV for facilities to community for enrollment to Insika OVC programme
• Enroll a minimum of 75% of all C/ALHIV at HCFs and provide with services.
• Identification and linkage of newly diagnosed C/ALHIV to care
• Identify and support those already enrolled under Insika and receiving OVC services
• Establish and implement procedures for contacting eligible families, introducing the project, and getting referral consent.
• Conduct referral for OVC care management.
• Facilitate C/ALHIV teen clubs as per facility schedule.
• Support C/ALHIV with improved treatment adherence.
• Identify all AG presenting at the HCF pregnant or teen mother for enrollment to program and repeat actions a-d for enrollment
• Identification of HEI and repeat actions a-d for enrollment
1. Educational: Diploma in Public Health, Community Development, Adult education and any other related qualification beyond Form 5.
• Two to five years minimum work experience with C/ALHIV.
• Experience in using Case Management or any other database /software.
• Experience in engaging caregivers of OVCs or enrollment of OVCs into a program.
• Stakeholder engagement.
• Ability to communicate in local language. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Time management. Be proactive and able to organize work independently. • Strong interpersonal relationship.
• Good understanding of computer skills.
• Clear understanding of caregivers engagement
• Committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Applicants should submit their CV’s with cover letters to The Finance & Administration Manager, NCM-E, PO Box 3987, Manzini, M200 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Deadline is 3rd August 2020 @ 15:00hrs.
If respondents have not been contacted within 1 week, they should consider themselves not taken for review.