The SRA & Formulations specialist is responsible for the management of confidential formula related information and scientific and regulatory affairs (SRA). The objective of this position is to ensure all data, including Bill of Materials (BOM) and recipe creation are processed to meet customer requirements and business need. This will be achieved along with providing technical support to new product introductions, process improvements and troubleshooting queries.
The SRA & Formulations specialist is also responsible to handle scientific issues related to products and technical regulatory aspects within the CPS Conco Operation.
- Interpret and handle master formulae and country of sale documents.
- Define and co-ordinate master data requirements to support the supply chain.
- Create and maintain master recipes and associated master data on SAP and Open Batch.
- Provide technical support to new product introductions and supply point shifts.
- Provide technical support for process improvement and troubleshooting.
- Provide support for Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) requirements.
- Liaison between QA, Logistics, Operations and SRA Managers to support the above.
- Creation and maintenance of finished product label templates
- Apply operational excellence tools and techniques to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
- To ensure regulatory acceptance for all Company products, ingredients, and packages, now and in the future.
- To ensure that all-new product, claims, labels, and packages comply with applicable regulations and are accepted by specialized religious groups.
- To safeguard the Company’s trade secrets while building relationships and securing supportive regulatory environments.
- To monitor regulatory developments, environment, health issues, and food safety crises closely, consult regularly with Div. / Corporate SRA, and develop/implement activities to resolve these issues.
- To leverage our resources by establishing, leading, and influencing scientific and industrial organizations that can most effectively assist in creating a positive environment for our business.
- To provide scientific expertise and guidance to other company functions either CPS or BU.
- Key member of the IMCR team in CPS.
- To assist / correct any misconceptions about Company products and ingredients.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations and International Standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 17025, OHSAS 18001, FSSC 22000, KORE and WPR Policy.
- Preparation Tariff code documents for Swaziland & product destination countries.
· Daily contact with Warehouse, Planning, Production, Customer Service and other QA functions
· Laboratory Associates from other CPS plants
· Work with Global SAP Power Users
· Work with BU Quality on issues
- Drive improvements working with CPS R&D
Related Job Requirements
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making skills, with ability for detailed assessment of data.
- High level of PC literacy and exposure to major computer systems.
- Experience with SAP, Batching Systems and Processing Equipment an advantage.
- Understanding of EU Food Regulations is an advantage.
- Experience in Technical Master Data Management, Planning, Customer Service, and Management of Confidential Information desirable.
- Food Science: Deep knowledge of Food laws, Standards and codex
- Beverage Manufacturing: Experience of and ability to apply Carbonated and non-carbonated beverage processing techniques (e.g., Proportioning, Carbonation, Syrup manufacturing, filling).
- Supply-chain knowledge: incoterms, duties & tariffs, freight basic requirements
- Finance knowledge: A COGS driver, overhead allocation, Company guidelines on pricing and business models is an advantage. Tariff codes and duties calculation for Swaziland.
- A Third Level degree in a Science or Engineering Discipline. A Science Degree should preferably be in Applied Chemistry, Food Science or Food Technology with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
ISO 14000, ISO 18000, Microsoft Office, PMI Project Management, Six Sigma (Green Belt), Troubleshooting
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years.
Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.