REPORTS TO: TBD
Overview: ICAP-Eswatini, in partnership with the Ministry of Health, and with funding from the United States Government CDC/PEPFAR is supporting the Epidemiology and Disease Control Unit (EDCU) to strengthen surveillance and timely reporting of Coronavirus Disease 2019 and similar conditions. This support will establish sentinel surveillance activities within the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) framework.
Overall Job function: The Data Analyst will lead development data analysis activities for surveillance data within EDCU.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead development of the sentinel surveillance data analysis framework, indicators and modalities to facilitate real time reporting.
• Develop data collection tools, SOPs, ensuring formatting and variables responsive to the indicators to be reported.
• Conduct data analysis and generate surveillance reports
• Oversee update of surveillance dashboards to meet EDCU data needs to inform response.
• Oversee routine data synchronization and ensure proper configuration and changes are appropriately implemented
• Lead data cleaning and quality assurance activities of sentinel surveillance data and liaise with data manager and surveillance team to implement corrective actions
• Develop data analysis training materials and conduct trainings.
• Support regular reporting to key stakeholders and generate pertinent data outcomes for regular reports and program review meetings.
• Carry out other duties as assigned
• Degree in demography, statistics, or public health, a postgraduate degree is preferred
• At least 5years of statistical experience, experience with health surveilance, survey or clinical research data, or M&E data analysis.
• Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing data analysis plans, and writing statistical data analysis code
• Experience conducting data cleaning and quality assurance procedures
Experience with data extraction, de-identification and de-duplication
• Knowledge of statistical packages e.g. SAS, STATA
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Applications
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented and highly organized, able to multi-task
How to Apply Interested applicants should logon to https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu and follow the instructions.
Closing date for applications to be submitted: Tuesday, 22nd September 2020 at 17:00pm.
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting on line.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted with preference given to qualifying Swati nationals.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us 3 weeks after the closing date.