To proactively identify foreign exchange and money market sales opportunities to optimize trading revenue and net interest income for Treasury. To ensure a reliable source of funding for Nedbank as directed by ALCO in order to meet the strategic objectives of the Bank.
• Achieve revenue targets by analyzing financial markets to determine trends and opportunities and by demonstrating understanding of Global Market products though provision of solutions in line with client requirements.
• Grow market share by seeking opportunities to cross-sell Treasury products and services.
• Grow foreign exchange turnover in FX Sales Desk portfolio by providing FX risk management advisory service to existing and new clients.
• Achieve Net Interest Income
• (NII) by optimally investing excess liquidity within regulatory and Group limits. Determine optimal margins from client portfolios by capitalizing on client knowledge and relationships.
• Manage client portfolios and optimise servicing of clients by collaborating with Client Divisions and relevant stakeholders.
• Track own performance by monitoring revenue generation and turnover growth of business with existing clients and new client acquisition/deal origination relative to portfolio.
• Manage acquisition of new clients by utilizing resources such as financial media, other clients, corporate / business bank, etc. to identify potential clients.
• Track client interactions by recording all client interactions on CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems and ensuring that system is continuously updated.
• Manage operating risks at targeted levels by ensuring compliance to internal and external controls, regulatory and governance requirements as well as ACI Code of Conduct. (ACI – Governing Body)
• Mitigate risk by ensuring all required compliance documentation is in place for clients.
• Report all operational issues that result in loss/profit or reputation damage through submission of incident reports.
• Contribute to foreign exchange sales strategy development by making recommendations for improvement.
• Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned.
• Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
• Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified time frame.
• Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
• Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
• Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
• Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
The Successful Candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Statistics or equivalent
• Honors degree applicants preferred
• 3 years’ experience in FX/Money Market sales capacity in Global Market environment with exposure to interest rate, derivatives
• ACI certification
- Client Centricity
- Commercial Aptitude
- Digital Literacy
- Risk Optimization
- Culture Carrier
- Brand Ambassador
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 16th January 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Money well managed can make a real difference to people’s lives. One should always take it seriously.
Nedbank Swaziland is an international bank that is a subsidiary of the Nedbank Group of South Africa: as such, it creates value through constant innovation and re-investment. Having recently repositioned its brand, Nedbank is to be more client-centric, driven by a fresh engaging tagline ‘See Money Differently’. Nedbank saw an opportunity to revitalise the brand to reflect some of the business changes already taking place. Based on the insight that money well managed can make a positive difference to individuals, businesses and communities, Nedbank chose to challenge and inspire the public to “See Money Differently”. This inspiration is consistent with Nedbank’s purpose of using financial expertise to do good.