The U.S. Peace Corps/Eswatini is seeking a Deputy Director of Management and Operations.
OPENING DATE: March 13, 2023
CLOSING DATE: March 31, 2023
WORK HOURS: FULL-TIME; 40+ HOURS/WEEK
Peace Corps Eswatini wishes to recruit a highly qualified professional as the Deputy Director of Management and Operations (DDMO). The DDMO is a mid-level position in the Peace Corps Eswatini Post, reports directly to the Director of Management and Operations (DMO). The DDMO assists the DMO in overseeing all administrative and financial aspects of Peace Corps Eswatini operations, including payment of volunteer allowances, vendor and payroll accounts payable and collections for bills owed. The DDMO holds delegated budget and reviews and may approve and review all financial transactions. Once the incumbent successfully completes PC Contracting Officer training, the DDMO is also delegating contract authorities and will hold a warrant for procurement of supplies and services for PC Eswatini.
Conditions of Employment:
- Eswatini Citizen or possess or be able to obtain a valid work/resident Visa
- Be fluent in English. Some knowledge of Siswati is favorable
- Able to pass a U.S. Embassy background security investigation
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in related field such as business management or finance
- 3 years’ experience as fiscal manager
- 3 years’ budget formulation and execution experience;
- 3 years’ experience with accounts payable/receivable and understand internal controls
- Experience as a team leader or supervisor of financial and administrative employees
- Demonstrated experience as a buyer, small purchases (larger acquisitions preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a cross-cultural context
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and other Windows-based office automation applications
- 5 or more years’ experience in financial management and administrative services, including budget development, execution account payable /receivable
- 3 or more years’ experience as a contracting officer
- 3 or more years’ experience supervising a team of financial, administrative and contracting employees
- Post-graduate, Master’s Degree or PhD in related field
- Demonstrated proficiency integrating data into multi-media presentations and publications
- Experience working with international volunteer organizations, interacting with and supporting volunteers or people from other cultures
- Fluency in written and spoken Siswati.
Responsibilities – Abbreviated Statement of Duties
- Under the supervision of the Director of Management and Operations (DMO), the Deputy Director of Management and Operations (DDMO) serves as expert and adviser to the DMO and Country Director (CD) on all financial and administrative matter at post.
- The DDMO assists the DMO in implementing and managing the administrative and financial systems and services at Peace Corps/Eswatini.
- The DDMO is responsible for all work in the budget and financial section of the PC/Eswatini administrative unit.
- This includes operational and management functions related to budget formulation and execution of various budget appropriations and sponsor codes, including Peace Corps appropriated funds and multiple PEPFAR funds.
- Additional oversight includes contracting responsibilities.
- The DDMO maintains and develops responsive and effective administrative procedures and ensures there is ongoing evaluation of their effectiveness.
- The DDMO also provides technical advice and guidance to staff and Volunteers on a variety of policy and post management issues.
- The DDMO is an expert resource on relevant administrative management matters contained in applicable Peace Corps Manual Sections (MS) and the Overseas Financial Management Handbook (OFMH).
- The DDMO will serve as the Acting DMO in the absence of the DMO and as a member of the Peace Corps/Eswatini Senior Staff in meetings, discussions, and in all aspects of Peace Corps operations, including programming, training, and volunteer support as directed by the DMO and CD.
- This is a supervisory position involving oversight and direction of a variety of business management and operations functions, such as procurement of services and supplies, fiscal controls and accountability, management of office staff, and other operational components essential to the overall operations of Peace Corps/Eswatini.
- Duties require the exercise of initiative and independent judgment in devising, installing, monitoring and revising new work methods and in applying complex rules, procedures, and regulations.
- The DDMO will provide backup support in all areas of the Administrative unit, as needed. Routine work will be performed with minimal guidance.
Salary plus Allowances and Bonus:
Salary is commensurate with experience within a range of E489,558 to E917,140 per annum (gross, before taxes) plus bonus, meals and miscellaneous allowance, health insurance and other benefits.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a CV/resume, salary history and a cover letter or separate statement specifically describing how they meet the mandatory and desired requirements. If any of these documents are omitted we will consider the application incomplete and you will not be further considered for the position.
ALL INFORMATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY March 31, 2023 AT 5:00PM
Send this information to:
Attention: Recruitment Team (DDMO))
U.S. Peace Corps, P.O. Box 2797. Mbabane
Or Email (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any emailed application which does not state clearly in the Subject header of the email: “Attention: Recruitment Team (DDMO)” will be IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED.
Employment is contingent on successfully completing a security background check.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who don’t get response after 4 weeks, should know they were unsuccessful.