Applications are invited from qualified candidates for appointment to the above post in the Civil Service tenable in the Deputy Prime Ministers Office.
• A Master’s Degree from an accredited College or University in the field of Social work, Psychology or equivalent qualification.
• To provide leadership and management of the regional teams and ensure service delivery of the Social Welfare Department.
• To work effectively as part of the social welfare management team by participating in meetings, communicating regularly with the Principal Social Welfare Officers, interacting in a cooperative manner, supporting and implementing decisions made at the management level.
• To participate in the development of leadership and management skills at the management level
• To ensure the development, implementation and evaluation of social work plans for assigned teams and or regions.
• To prepare reports as required and requested.
• To ensure appropriate responses to client complaints involving assigned staff is consistent with the departments policy and current laws and legislations.
• To ensure delivery of training programs for new workers and ongoing service staff within assigned units. Understand and make use of the training program to fully develop staff and realize effective service delivery which complements the department’s values.
• To ensure that Principal Social Welfare Officers and staff are held accountable for their performance as described in job descriptions and policy and procedure manuals.
• To participate in the budgeting and financial planning for the department.
• To ensure the provision of services and programs for the department as described in its current mandate, current or future policies and procedures, and within the context of anticipated available resources.
• To ensure that the officers assigned are using appropriate case management practices and respect and support the decision reached Becomes involved in direct case management for serious or contentious situations.
• To ensure staff receive adequate direction and supervision and empower staff carry out their tasks as professionally and independently as possible.
• To enlighten and advice the officer of Social Welfare activities and services.
• To represent the department on external stakeholders and committee as assigned by the Director.
• To perform any other official duties that may be assigned by the immediate Supervisor and/or Head of Department.
The basic salary is on Grade D5: E256,925 rising to E289,171 per annum.
Send your application letter together with your Curriculum Vitae and copies of Tertiary Qualifications verified by the Eswatini Higher Education Council (ESHEC) to the Executive Secretary, Civil Service Commission.
Candidate who do not possess the above qualifications should not apply as their applications will not be considered.
CLOSING DATE: 24th November, 2021