Montessori Life Primary situated in the capital city, Mbabane, is seeking an innovative individual to take on a leadership role in this thriving school. The school is known for its caring and loving atmosphere, with a leadership and teaching team that work closely together with the parent body.
The successful candidate should:
• Be very proficient in English, both in writing and speaking
• Assist and support the Principal. The Deputy Principal must be able to step in and make decisions on behalf of the Principal, keeping in mind all visions of the school
• Have excellent interpersonal skills for the interaction with the principal, colleagues, the School Board, learners and parents
• Be a passionate, warm individual with strong principles
• Understand the current trends and developments within education and 21st century learning, particularly those pertaining to independent schooling and Montessori Education
• Have a passion for education and a vision for the future
• Be able to adapt and implement change where needed
• Have an understanding of the management of a school, its facilities, finances and administration
• Encourage, support, manage and develop staff
• Assist with all interviews
• Have the ability to work as part of a team
• Be able to serve as an educational leader of the school and be responsible for supervision, curriculum and academic development and the improvement of instruction
• Must be passionate about the well being of each child and be willing to grow a Special Needs department.
• Responsible for the overall wellness (Pastoral Care) of the Students
• The minimum requirement is a recognized degree
• a recognized International Montessori Teaching qualification
• 10 years teaching experience of which 3 years must be at a management level
• A Recognized phycology degree would be an added advantage.
• Special needs experience and any training in the field is an added advantage
Potential candidates should submit their detailed curriculum vitae along with a cover letter outlining their interest in this position, as well as their educational philosophy and thoughts on educational leadership.
Applications via email only.
Closing Date: 24th November 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.