Purpose of the Position
To serve as a catalyst, community change agent encourage, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of households/village community organizations, local partners, facilitating the emergence and strengthening of community-led initiatives/innovations to improve and sustain the well-being of children and their families; responsibilities include but are not limited to.
- Building relationships, broker and facilitator within HHs/Village communities & Local partners
- Build Community & Partners capacity in project management
- Building Capacity for the disaster risk reduction and response activities in the communities.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to direct reports and conduct performance reviews
- Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
Sponsorship in Development
- Facilitate sponsorship integration in all projects and ensure community awareness on children rights, Advocacy and child protection.
- Ensure the mainstreaming of Sponsorship in Programming (SIP)
Design, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Facilitate implementation of community development plans (DIP) consistent with technical programmes, budgetary allocation and within the set timeline
- Facilitate project reflections to determine impact of the activities on the targeted population and adherence to standards by conducting regular meetings with the community and give timely appropriate advice
- Facilitate projects’ Assessments, Design, Monitoring and Evaluation activities in line with WVS standards
- Collaborate with government departments, churches, community, other NGOs involved in rural development to enhance program implementation and long term sustainability of community projects
- Formulate proposals for the Area program for supplementing and increase the resource base for programming
- Conduct performance management for direct reports submit report periodically
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum Qualification required: Diploma in community development, or any other related field .
Experience: A minimum of 3-5 yrs in Community Development and facilitation
Preferred: Experience in NGO added advantage & or Degree in Agriculture, Education, Health and Nutrition, Project Management, Community Development, HIV/AIDS Management from a recognized institution
Technical Skills & Abilities:
o Excellent interpersonal skills
o Good communication and negotiation skills
o Self Driven
o Team builder and player
o Creative, innovative with strong planning and supervisory skills
o Ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision
o Team player who is detail-oriented
o Ability to function in a cross cultural environment.
o Comfortable Working and knowledgeable of MS Office and Lotus Notes
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities and observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
1. Interpersonal communication / relational capability
2. Effective in written and verbal communication in English
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Proven Experience in managing community projects
Management and Team Work abilities
A minimum of 2 years demonstrated skills and professional experience in education related program implementation and management
Project management and design experience, as well as project implementation and monitoring & evaluation.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, demonstrated leadership and good management ability.
English communication skills (oral and written).
Strong detail orientation and negotiation skills.
Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Experience in working with various major donors and government donor agencies
Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview emotional maturity
Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psycho-logically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
Commitment and ability to inspire others to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement.
1. A minimum of 2 years demonstrated skills and professional experience in education related program implementation and management
About World Vision Eswatini
World Vision Eswatini (WVE) started operating in 1992, focusing mainly on emergency relief after the devastating drought that hit Eswatini. In 1996 the focus shifted from relief to disaster mitigation, rehabilitation, and transformational development.
Initially, WVE used the community development project (CDP) approach and later changed to the Area Development Programme (ADP) approach to ensure greater impact and sustainability of community based development interventions. Through the ADPs in recent years, WVS interventions have addressed problems on food insecurity (mainly through agriculture), water shortages, education, HIV and AIDS, health, infrastructure development, and economic development, in the process changing lives of the poor.