Main duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the ADRA Swaziland Country Director and in close cooperation with other staff, as well as UNHCR and relevant Government Ministries and stakeholders, the livelihoods officer will perform the following main responsibilities:
* Continuously assess and monitor the socio-economic profile of refugees, asylum seekers and other persons of concern.
* Continuously assess socio-economic needs of refugees and other persons of concern and build on UNHCR databases to support the regular information sharing and coordination among different humanitarian, developmental and governmental stakeholders. This includes supporting the implementation of wealth ranking surveys to inform targeting, monitoring and facilitation the engagement of development programmes.
* Assess market needs and economic trends and analyses these in relation to the needs and capacities of refugees.
* Develop a multi-year strategic plan for refugees and persons of concern’s livelihoods in Swaziland.
* Build a strong relationship with relevant stakeholders to enhance economic inclusion of refugees and persons of concern. This includes advocating with public and private sector services providers to include persons of concerns in supporting services (business development, micro-finance, training, saving accounts, poverty alleviation and social protection, etc.).
* Conduct necessary assessments in collaboration with relevant private and public stakeholders. This includes impact assessments on local economies and surveys that help to identify investment and funding opportunities that enhance the economic inclusion of person of concern.
* Work with economic development agencies to adapt their programmes to become inclusive of persons of concern and work with the private sector to enhance inclusion of UNHCR person of concern in their labour force and supply chains.
* Prepare regular reviews and appropriate operational plan against progress (technical and financial) achievements and ensure the timely and proper documentation and permanent follow-up of all programme activities.
* Ensure proper documentation/dissemination of achievements within the team and partners.
Timely communication, coordination and collaboration with partners, setting up of relevant reports; deliverables, financial reports and tracking programme assets provided by UNHCR to ensure that they are used for intended purpose.
Minimum qualifications required and work conditions
* A Master degree in development studies, economics, business, entrepreneurship, marketing, or related fields.
* 8 years of work experience in a similar capacity
* Willingness to learn, to innovate and be creative as part of the job;
* Demonstrated ability to speak and write fluently in English; knowledge of other languages highly desirable.
* Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications)
* Proven ability to independently handle correspondence; work independently with strong sense of initiative, discipline and self-motivation.
* A drivers license is necessary (At least 6 years)
Experience in monitoring, evaluation & learning is preferred.
To apply for this position please hand deliver, by mail or email your cover letter, CV, at least 2 reference Letters and certified copies of education qualification Cover letter should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 562,
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 21st November 2019 at 1pm
Yours Sincerely Nkhanyiso Gamedze
About Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Swaziland is a humanitarian organization whose mission is to “work with people in poverty and distress to bring about a just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action”