Pact Eswatini is implementing the USAID/PEPFAR funded Ready, Resourceful and Risk-Aware (Triple R) project for orphaned and vulnerable children (OVC), adolescent girls, and young women (AGYW). The project is locally named InsikayaKusasa. The project is accelerating the country’s progress towards the 95-95-95 targets and sustainable HIV epidemic control by preventing new HIV infections and reducing the vulnerability of OVC, adolescent girls and young women.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, the Director Finance and Operations (DFO) is responsible for overall country office and project financial operations. S/he has oversight of project finance and accounting functions; internal control systems and procedures; and forecasting and realigning project budgets as well as office administration, procurement, human resource management and IT support services and provide oversight of the Grants Management Unit. The DFO is responsible for training and mentoring staff on policies and procedures, donor regulations, new systems, and financial best practices, as well as working closely with the country office staff and headquarters personnel to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and effective and proactive management. KEY
Financial and Grants Management:
• Lead and implement policies, guidelines and criteria for the management of project finances and sub-grants in accordance with Pact standards and donor regulations
• Responsible for all budget, expenditure monitoring, financial projections and monthly financial reporting.
• .Develop project budgets and identify and implement strategies to ensure spending is on track and in line with project implementation
• Oversee financial operations of the Grants Management Unit to ensure alignment with project resources and grant processes are aligned with financial operations of the organization.
• Provide technical assistance and training to staff and grantees on administrative policies and procedures for grants management, including advising sub-grantees on financial accounting, reporting, procurement, and other compliance practices associated with the program
• Maintain, enhance, and promote a positive work environment for staff through expert HR leadership
• Ensure Pact HR systems and procedures are in line with best practices and local labor law
• Develop and manage staff and consultant contracts
• Review and supervise the monthly payroll for project staff
• Ensures the resolution of conflict and escalation of HR issues to CO leadership and Head office as required
• Manage the performance appraisal and performance management system for the country office.
• Ensure tax obligations of the organization and staff are met including exemptions and related processes.
PROCUREMENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT:
• Operationalize procurement policies and systems and oversee all stages of the procurement process, ensuring highest quality and integrity of procurement process.
• Ensure Administration, procurement and property management policies and procedures are in line with best practices and compliant with Pact global policies.
• Oversees management of all office premises, travel; and transportation.
• Oversee and ensure the proper functioning and maintenance of all office equipment, and outreach to IT contractor.
• Master’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
• At least 10 years of experience working in senior level management positions in financial management, grants and contracts management, and operations/admin management.
• Experience with managing finances for USAID programs preferred.
• Experience with finance reports for USAID programs preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required
• Excellent english fluency, both written and verbal, is required.
• SiSwati language strongly preferred
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualifying candidates with relevant experience are invited to submit their applications via email including a CV/resume, cover letter, references, and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline is July 16, 2021.