Eswatini Civil Aviation Authority, is a Category A public enterprise mandated with controlling, regulating, enforcing, improving aviation safety and security and promoting and developing growth of the Eswatini civil aviation sector.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Director General is the Chief Executive Officer of the Authority responsible for leading the development, execution of the long and short-term strategy and overall management of personnel and activities.
This challenging and strategic role requires an astute business savvy professional with the following qualifications and key attributes:
• A Degree in Aviation Management or related Aeronautical field from a reputable tertiary institution
• At least ten years management experience in an aviation field or similar technical experience in a field related to aviation.
• A Masters in Aviation Management, Business Administration or exposure to an Executive Development Programme would be an added advantage.
• An innovative self-starter, with strong leadership, management. interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
• A team-player able to collaborate with other departments/ organisations and effectively manage multiple priorities, projects and tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Willing to travel on business assignments and work extended hours
• A thorough knowledge of Civil Aviation Regulations and advisory material published by the CAA
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Organizing, directing and administering the day to day activities of the Authority
• Representing the Authority in all its dealings with third parties, both at home and abroad, and in legal proceedings brought by or against the Authority;
• Developing economic policies and strategies with respect to air transport;
• Coordinating air transport policy and regulation with other government entities such as those responsible; for trade and commerce, tourism, financial controls, taxation, national development and any other field;
• Preparing and presenting to the Board of Directors policies and programmes, as well as, a detailed annual budget and ensure their implementation;
• Keeping abreast of all operational activities relating to Civil Aviation and submitting reports and proposals to the Minister, after approval by the Board of Directors;
• Preparing and submitting to the Board of Directors fees and charges to be collected by the Authority and implementing same when approved by the Board of Directors
• Coordinating all policy and legal issues relating to civil aviation.
Laura Deats Appointments is exclusively managing the recruitment process and candidates that meet the above criteria are requested to submit a detailed cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date For applications is Wednesday 22nd January 2020.