JOB TITLE: Disease Surveillance Site Nurses (4 positions)
REPORTS TO: Site Managers
LOCATION: Surveillance sites (all Regions of Eswatini)
OVERVIEW: ICAP-Eswatini, in partnership with the Ministry of Health, and with funding from the United States Government CDC/PFPFAR is supporting the Epidemiology and Disease Control Unit (FDCU) to strengthen surveillance and timely reporting of COVI1D-19 and similar illnesses. This support will include implementation of sentinel surveillance activities within the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) framework in the 4-regional hospital in the country.
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION
The Surveillance Site Nurse will be responsible for executing Sentinel Surveillance procedures in the 4 regional hospitals in Eswatini (Mbabane government, REM. Good Shepard and Hlatikulu government hospitals).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate Sentinel Surveillance trainings and activation for site staff in the 4 regional hospitals in Eswatini.
- Liaise with EDCU in development of training maternal including SOPs and pb aides to be used in implementation of sentinel surveillance for COV1D- 19 and similar illnesses.
- Liaise with sentinel surveillance sites to recruit and enroll eligible potential clients on the sentinel surveillance for COVID-I9 and similar illnesses
- Administer COVID. 19 screening form to consented clients in the sentinel surveillance sites.
- Conduct data abstraction for consented sentinel surveillance participants with pre-existing conditions.
- Conduct nasopharyngeal and whole blood sample collections and transportation from all clients enrolled in the surveillance program.
- Provide regular supportive supervision, mentorship, and troubleshooting visits to trained site staff to conduct sent surveillance activities.
- Liaise with Rapid Response Teams (RRTs) and case management team to ensure disclosure of COVID -19 results, contact listing and symptoms screening to all sentinel surveillance participants.
- Ensure provision of facility feedback reports to sentinel surer sites in liaison with EDCU and the sentinel surveillance data team.
- Conduct QA/QC procedures on collected sentinel surveillance data to ensure high quality data
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must hold a Diploma in General Nursing or equivalent
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience with health surveillance systems
- Experience in electronic data collection. preferably using tablets.
- Experience In participating in surveillance quality assurance and control
- Knowledge of goad clinical practice
- Willingness to spend substantial time in the field
- Detail oriented, flexible, and adaptable
- Excellent communication
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application and resumes named after their surnames by email with a subject line “Disease Surveillance Site Nurses” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications to be submitted: Sunday 13th June 2021 at 17:00pm
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting on line.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted with preference given to 4 qualifying Swati Nationals.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us 3 weeks after the closing date.