Macmillan Education is a place where vibrant minds meet. We’re a trusted education brand and our core values are to be Passionate, Supportive and Inventive in everything we do.
We’ve been around for a while (since 1843), but that doesn’t mean that we’re old fashioned. We consider ourselves to be confident, self-assured, entrepreneurial and, especially, ground breaking!
We’re in the business of helping people learn and to better their lives through education, and as a result we look for individuals who are not just passionate about education, but also about making a difference.
As the publishers and marketers of quality textbooks and educational support materials, we aim to transform learning through discovery.
Job title: Distribution Manager – Eswatini
Location: Matsapha, Eswatini
Salary: Market related
Reporting to: Managing Director
Reference number: SMS/SZL/140421
Purpose of the Job
Macmillan Education Eswatini requires the services of a competent Distribution Manager to be stationed at the Matsapha offices, in Eswatini. The successful incumbent will be responsible for warehouse operations, including organizing storage, distribution, fulfilment, transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of materials. Salary and benefits are market-related and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Oversee warehousing and distribution processes for all three Companies and maintain an environment that fosters consistency and accountability
- Ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at an appropriate cost
- Participate in the development of warehouse procedures
- Liaise with Warehouse Supervisors in monitoring the stock levels
- Supervise Warehouse Personnel
- Oversee the distribution of Eswatini Government books
- Ensure adherence to health and safety procedures
- Liaise with Consultants from the different offices in the Group
- Manage a team of workers and assist in dealing with personnel issues such as recruitment and on the job training of staff
- Manage work activities which include motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the work force and ensuring that set productivity targets are met
- Monitor staff performance and development
- University Degree or equivalent
- Customer Services, Supply Chain, or Logistics Certificate or equivalent
- At least 3 years in distribution and/or warehouse management at management/supervisory level
- Good time management and ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills as well as a logical and systematic approach to work
- Ability to manage change
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as effectively manage people
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- A positive attitude to continued learning.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of suite of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Closing date: 14 April 2021
If you have not been contacted within a three week period of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful