Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Assistant, the incumbent performs the following duties :—> Drives office vehicles to provide transportation of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;–> Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required;–> Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;–> Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.;–> Ensures that the steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;–> Performs other duties as required.
Essential: At least O’ Level education and a valid driver’s licence.
Essential: At least two years driving experience as a driver and A safe driving record.
Desirable: UN experience would be an advantage.
–> Knowledge of driving rules and regulations of the country and skills in minor vehicle repair;–> Ability to read, write and understand instructions in the working language and–> An ability of writing a concise and faithful report of the accidents.
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of SiSwati.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at SZL 119,044 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty