Job title: Educational Sales and Marketing Representative – Eswatini
Department: Sales and Marketing
Location: Matsapha, Eswatini
Salary: Market related
Reporting to: Sales and Marketing Manager
Reference number: ESMR1100921
Purpose of the Job
Macmillan Education Eswatini is seeking to appoint an experienced professional to the position of Educational Sales and Marketing Representative to manage and grow sales within a geographic territory by closing new and maintaining existing adoptions and by providing excellent service to customers through providing information and samples of appropriate products and supplements. The role includes implementation of CSI activities, building and maintenance of solid relationships and product knowledge, and ensuring the achievement of sales targets for all front list and backlist titles.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Education/Sales and Marketing or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ teaching experience (Maths and Science will be given preference).
- Experience of working within international and local companies, preferably in the sales and marketing or education sectors.
- Experience of negotiating with teachers, principals, education officials or other relevant decision makers.
- Deep understanding of the Eswatini education landscape.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel nationally.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to work in a matrix structure.
- Ability to competently use office productivity software.
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- To promote Macmillan’s product range to targeted schools, tertiary institutions, booksellers, education officials and librarians using a needs-based methodology in order to achieve or exceed annual turnover targets.
- To develop and maintain knowledge of the product range to ensure existing adoptions are maintained and take-away opportunities are capitalized on.
- To identify new customers and opportunities to which we can promote our product range in order to grow our market reach and revenue in the most effective manner.
- To comply with the customer centricity plan to ensure long-term relationships are cultivated such that the win-win principle is achieved.
- To communicate with line manager regarding market intelligence to position the company to capitalize on opportunities.
- To conduct administrative duties timeously and accurately in order to aid planning, improve productivity and maintain the integrity of market information.
All applicants who are interested in this position and who meet the requirements may apply by sending their CV and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24 November 2021.
If you have not been contacted within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.