Eswatini Standards Authority (SWASA) is a parastatal under the auspices of the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Trade with the mandate of promoting standards and quality in local industry, commerce and the public sector. As a sole custodian of all issues regarding standards and quality in Eswatini, also provide technical support for MSME’s and Industrial development in order to ensure a sustainable Swati economy.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Working with the SWASA Council, the Executive Director is necessitated to provide strategic direction, oversight and leadership for SWASA, detailing the short, medium and long-term strategies through;
– Management of Financial and Human Resources to achieve the Authority’s mandate Determination and promotion of Human Resource Development
– Ensuring Compliance with statutory laws and regulations Provision of direction in the development and use of standards
– Management, coordination and implementation of the Authority’s policies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
— A Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent qualifications.
— A Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Leadership.
— A minimum of seven (7) years’ executive level experience.
– Transformational Leadership with a global perspective
– Strategic orientation
– Business acumen
– Marketing and communications
– Influencing and negotiating
– Decision making
– Relationship building and stakeholder engagement
SWASA offers competitive remuneration packages to the most suitable candidates.
A detailed CV, names of three (3) referees and certified copies of certificates should accompany applications which clearly state the position applied for. SWASA will only enter into correspondence with candidates that comply with the specified requirements and are shortlisted.
Applications should be received on or before 10 April 2020 and should be addressed to:
The Recruitment Manager
KPMG Advisory Swaziland (Pty) Ltd
Umkhiwa House, Lot 195
Kal Grant Street,
Late applications shall not be accepted. All applications will be acknowledged. Should you not receive further correspondence within one month of the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.