The successful candidate will be responsible to the Board for the management and operations of the Agency and shall advise and support Management in a manner which ensures that the Agency can discharge its legislative mandate and obligations consistent with national and where applicable international best practice.
KEY PERFOMANCE AREAS
• Governance and relationship with the Board of Directors: To ensure that the board has at its disposal sufficient resources, guidance and professional advice to executes its job well.
•Strategic Leadership: To provide leadership to the Agency and ensure that the Board of Directors fulfils its responsibilities in the governance of the Agency.
• Operational Framework: To be responsible for developing and implementation of the Agency’s policies, procedures and processes.
• Business Development: To work with the Board and management to achieve business mandate, strategy, plans and targets.
• Financial Management: To ensure long term sustainability, through effective governance, sound financial management and delivery of the Agency’s mandate.
• Agency Culture, Values & Behaviour: To ensure the development and implementation of the Agency’s culture blueprint and values.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL GUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Equivalent.
• A post—graduate qualification in the field of procurement and/ procurement law and policy will be an added advantage.
• Strategic Leadership
• Regulatory and Governance Knowledge
EXPERIENCE AND PROGRESSION REQUIRED
• Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in public experience in public administration and/or Policy applicable international best practice development of which 5 years must have been at executive management level.
• Experience and competence in leadership and the development and implementation of policy and strategy
• Experience and knowledge within an economic regulatory environment;
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
• Commercial Sense
• Client Centered
• Planning & Implementing. Risk Management
• Quality Focus
• Knowledge & Information Sharing
• Technical Capability
• Analytical & Innovative Thinking
• Values and Ethics
• Decision Making
• Visioning and Strategic Thinking
• Personal intelligence
• Leadership & Management
• People Development
• A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate and a three (3) year renewable performance based contract.
• Applicants must submit comprehensive curriculum vitae, including three (3) traceable referees, which must be accompanied by recently certified copies of certificates to the Recruiting Officer
•By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Closing Date: 10 June 2021
• Late applications will not be considered
• All shortlisted candidates will be subject to psychometric testing as well as criminal checks and a security clearance
• Correspondence will be limited to short-listed applicants only.