Ubombo Sugar Limited(“Ubombo”) is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group, a leading producer of sugar and downstream products. Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and dynamic candidates with a proven track record of success for appointment in the Finance Head position. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance Head will lead the strategic direction and overall management of the Finance function.
Key Performance Areas
- Developing and implementing the finance strategy.
- Driving the delivery of Ubombo’s required financial performance.
- Providing strategic finance leadership to Ubombo and Illovo senior management.
- Managing the plan, budget and forecasting process to ensure strategic alignment to business objectives.
- Generating detailed analytical insights on the overall performance of the company and translating that into practical action plans to deliver maximum value.
- Delivering maximum value to the business through collaboration with the Managing Director and the executive management team.
- Delivering strategic alignment of Illovo’s risk and governance framework to key stakeholder requirements.
- Creating a customer centric, business partnering finance function, able to challenge constructively and work with the organisation to deliver strategic and operational initiatives.
- Developing a continuous improvement mindset within the finance function in order to optimise processes and costs.
- Developing capability within finance that enables the finance team to appropriately support the operational teams.
- Drive the Company’s culture and values across the business.
- Identify key development areas of direct reports which are to be addressed through on-the-job development activities, coaching and structured programmes or workshops.
- Serve on: Audit & Risk Committees (Ubombo Sugar Limited and Eswatini Sugar Association), Ubombo Sugar Limited Board and Eswatini Sugar Association Finance Committee & Council.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree or equivalent
- CA(SA) / CIMA.
- MBA or additional relevant qualifications advantageous.
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years finance leadership experience.
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years post-qualification experience.
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years finance management experience.
- 5+ years operational experience across various functions.
- Direct operational experience advantageous.
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional organisational results.
- Good track record of building strong collaborative and effective working relationships with senior leadership (i.e. directors).
- Ability to lead and manage significant change within the finance function and across the business.
The position offers a competitive package commensurate with qualifications, experience and value-add.
How To Apply
Applications with a detailed C.V., copy of qualifications, and names of two referees, marked “FINANCE HEAD“, must be forwarded to the Human Resources Head or emailed to Recruitment@illovo.co.za on or before 16th January 2023.
Note: if you do not receive any correspondence within 21 days after the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.