Making A Difference Eswatini Water and Agricultural Development Enterprise LTD
The following vacancy has become available, tenable at Mbabane. Suitable candidates are invited to apply.
JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Objective: To provide support and assist with all aspects of the Financial Accounting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare draft financial statements for review by the Financial Controller
• Preparation of schedules for the interim and year-end statutory audits
• Prepare month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations
• Set up standing order and manual payments, including international payments,
• Prepare regular cash flow forecasting both short term and long term
• Prepare and submit company’s corporation tax returns
• Assist with the preparation of year end returns
• Compile a report for fixed assets acquisitions and disposals
• Check invoice batches prepared by Accounts Payable Clerk and post them.
• Check if all incomes are accounted for
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Bachelor of Commerce Degree — majoring in Accounting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to think and act strategically
• High degree of computer literacy in Microsoft Office and financial systems.
• Fluency in English and siSwati languages both oral and written communication ability
• At least 3 years of financial management experience
• Experience with donor funded organisations
• Knowledge of both IFRS and IPSAS
• Experience in office administration
The following vacancy has become available and to be stationed at Siphofaneni. Suitable candidates are invited to apply.
JOB TITLE: ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (2)
Reporting to: Water Infrastructure Manager
Objective: Maintenance of civil structures of the bulk infrastructure which includes dams, canals and other structures.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintenance & scheduling as per the O&M manual for the system components; including preventative and reactive maintenance plans.
• Visually inspect the structures and equipment for cracks, cuts or deformities
• Prepare relevant inspection reports
• Execute the maintenance schedule by prioritizing emergency and normal repairs as per the O&M manual.
• Keep a database of all interventions and observations (images and notes).
• Supervise contracts for the O&M of the infrastructure.
• Supervise the labour allocated for the work at hand.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
• Good knowledge of scheme operation and maintenance, mechanical and concrete works.
• Ability to read drawings and operations and maintenance manuals.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suit and AutoCAD.
• Must hold a Diploma in Civil Engineering as a minimum requirement.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar field.
• Must have a valid motor vehicle driving license with at least 2 years’ experience.
Written applications and detailed resume should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is the 11 August, 2020 before 1645 hrs.
Please ensure that subject line details the position applied for as advertised. Late applications shall not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not be contacted within 21 days after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.