POTISION: General Secretary
REPORTING TO: Chairperson of the Executive Committee
TENURE: Three years’ contract, renewable
START DATE: December 2022
The Council of Swaziland Churches (CSC) invites applicants from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of General Secretary. As the Council of Swaziland Churches’ Chief Officer, the General Secretary will lead the CSC as it engages contemporary, social, economic and political issues and as it builds the ecumenical movement within the kingdom of eSwatini and maintains the Council’s Christian witness.
The successful candidate will be a creative and dynamic leader and a skilled manager with the vision and experience to motivate the CSC leadership, staff and member churches.He/she will also enhance the Council’s work to promote economic and social justice, more especially at a time when the country is facing a serious political crisis.
REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate should have:
1. A university degree in theology or social science. A Masters will be an added advantage.
2. At least TEN years of experience in a managerial or senior position
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in siSwati and English.
4. Extensive experience of working within the eSwatini Christian community.
5. A commitment to ecumenism and sound grasp of issues confronting the ecumenical movement in eSwatini and around the world.
6. A capacity to speak prophetically about issues affecting the church and society.
7. The ability to relate well to senior leadership in all spheres of government, various denominations and faith communities as well as international partners.
8. Experience in organizational and financial management, particularly in the non-governmental sector.
9. Experience and skills in fund-raising.
10. A valid driver’s licence and be prepared to travel locally and internationally.
Applicants must be members with good standing of one of the CSC’s member churches and must be matured (not less than 40 years of age).
Applications marked “Strictly Confidential” with a complete CV, a one-page motivation letter, copies of certificates and names and contact details of three traceable referees must be sent to:
The Chairperson, Search Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or hand delivered at CSC, Mandlenkosi Ecumenical House, 142 Esser Street, Manzini – by end of business on Monday the 26th of September 2022.