Position Description : Geography & TOK Teacher
Job Title: Head of Department
Location: Mbabane, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), with international travel
Reporting to: Head of Department
Summary: We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and innovative teacher who
can both inspire and widen students’ interests in geography and effectively
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Description of Role:
● We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and innovative teacher who can both inspire and widen students’ interests in geography and effectively guide them.
● Have an excellent working knowledge of curricula for Geography with experience delivering Cambridge IGCSE and IB Diploma Programme courses
Qualifications and Experience:
● A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geography
● A Minimum of 5 years teaching experience
● A Recognised teaching qualification e.g. B. Ed/PGCE
● Experience with teaching the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme courses is an advantage.
● Demonstrate responsibility, by motivating and enthusing staff and students, giving direction and showing initiative and drive, and demonstrating good judgement
● Foster a positive professional climate through constructive, empowering behaviours and a positive mindset
● Commitment to student well-being and learning
● Strong communication and people skills
● High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
● Be willing to contribute to the wider school community and Geography Department through extra-curricular activities.
● To supervise Extended Essay
● Willingness to teach Theory of Knowledge or lead the subject session in Theory of Knowledge
● Willingness to attend relevant IB workshops and be trained to use the pedagogy that supports the School and department philosophy.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you would like to know more about these positions, please contact our Head of HR via firstname.lastname@example.org /
When applying, send a motivation letter and detailed CV to: email@example.com
The deadline for application is 30 August 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the abovementioned requirements will be considered and contacted.
The start date for these positions is January 2022.
VISIT THE WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS : https://www.waterford.sz/about/vacancies/
Waterford Kamhlaba is an equal opportunity employer.