Eswatini Bank is a financial institution wholly owned by the Government of Eswatini.
Opportunity on Technology. Its business operations include both commercial banking and development finance. It is regulated in terms of the Financial Institutions Act.
Eswatini Bank’s priority is service excellence and it continues to exceed understanding customers’ business and serving them efficiently. Eswatini Bank bank and will continue to grow its customer base.
Information technology is critical to the operations of the Bank in all areas such monitoring and internal support functions. To enable the Bank to maintain its high management, Eswatini Bank is inviting applications from well qualified, experience who will be able to contribute their skills, judgement and innovation to the management team, the job will be to direct and manage the IT strategy, policies and services to enable the bank accomplish its corporate goals, maintain customer services and to meet all requirements of banking regulations.
The Head of IT will initially report directly to the Managing Director. This is a contract position.
The Head of Information Technology will be responsible for all functions of the department and management of the IT team, including but not limited to:
• Development, execution and management of IT strategies and policies
• Direction of design and implementation of new applications
• Control of change management procedures
• Identification and assessment of emerging banking technologies
• Preparation and control of budgets for capital expenditure, projects and department running costs
Mentoring, managing and evaluating IT team members
• Ensuring that business continuity plans are adequate and functional
• Ensuring data security and privacy
• Developing systems to meet world class reporting and risk management standards
Education, experience and competencies required
• Degree in information technology, preferably with a Master’s in IT or business management
• Post graduate certification such as COBIT, ML, IS027001, COSO and PCI DSS
• At least 5 years’ experience in a senior managerial role in an IT environment, preferably with a financial
• Strategic thinker with good judgement and ability to make sound, objective decisions
• Understanding of best practice in IT governance, service management and information security frameworks and standards
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
Written applications are to be submitted together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae. All applications will be acknowledged.
No late applications will be accepted. Should you not receive further correspondence within one month of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 24 May 2020.
Please apply in writing clearly specifying the position applying for to: The Recruitment Manager KPMG Advisory Swaziland (Pty) Ltd Umkhiwa House, Lot 195 Kal Grant Street, Mbabane