The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and well-being and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions.
The CGHPI has recently received an award from the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The program will support the Kingdom of Eswatini to provide comprehensive, quality assured care, treatment and prevention HIV/TB services in Manzini and Lubombo regions.
Job Location: Mbabane, Eswatini
Job Overview: The incumbent in this position is required to provide support to the Senior Health Information officer in the managing all health-related data that has been collected at service delivery points (health facilities) across the region, ensuring that it is of the highest quality. He/she will also oversee the collation and preliminary analysis, preparing tables and analytical reports from the data collected to determine trends in the health outcomes.
- Captures data in relevant HMIS Systems.
- Maintain the Client Management Information System and other systems by reviewing users’ feedback and implement changes as per the need, in consultation with the relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate daily quality dashboard monitoring, deployment, support and monitor daily synchronization.
- Train staff in the region on system modification, data and use of computers, and other subjects as required.
- Ensure that computer hardware and software for regional health offices and health facilities are functional and well maintained.
- Work with the National HMIS office in developing and/ or operationalizing health systems, data quality improvement and quality assurance plans for the Ministry of health.
- Routinely assure the quality of data at regional level by running data queries and validating all health data.
- Modify existing systems to fix errors and develop innovative, scalable, fault-tolerant software solutions.
- Develop data use dashboards, business intelligence models for data quality purposes.
- Provide data systems mentorship to all facility staff involved with the capturing of health data.
- Undertakes supportive supervision visits, in collaboration with Matrons and Clinic Supervisors, including assessments against good practice checklists, and audits of registers, summaries and other completed data collection tools.
- Work with the Senior Health Information Officer to coordinate HMIS activities at regional level.
- Coordinate regional DQA’s, update and orient facilities on revised Data Management SOP’s.
- Perform basic statistical analyses and produces ad-hoc statistical reports.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma in Information System/Information Technology
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, access, power point)
- Previous experience in data collection.
- Accuracy and speed in data entry
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for in the subject line.
- Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with the applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a 4-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
- All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
- Deadline for application is March 20, 2023, 12 PM Eswatini Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
You must be logged in to post a comment.