GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY CENTER FOR GLOBAL HEALTH PRACTISE & IMPACT- ESWATINI INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and well-being and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions.
Job Location: Mbabane, Eswatini
Reports to: Country Resident Director
Under the direction of the Country Resident Director, the Policy and Research Analyst Intern will conduct research, surveys and analyses; compiles and organizes data; and uses new and existing data sources to prepare, enter, arrange and display data in a meaningful and useful format for various stakeholders. The incumbent will prepare policy studies, papers written analysis, policy memos, fact sheets, comments on proposed regulations, and other materials.
- Conducts background policy research and analysis to support existing policies, proposals for new bodies of work; synthesizes research findings to identify and recommend best practices.
- Extracts, collects and aggregates data across databases, information sources, survey responses, and other data sources; ensures data quality; cleans and checks exiting data for consistency and accuracy.
- Develops data visualizations for diverse audiences and develops, formats, and prepares reports, charts, and/or graphs for varying documents and written and oral presentations for
- Contributes professional expertise and experience concerning health policy.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Masters Degree in Public Health or any other relevant qualification
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Public Health or Health Policy and Management an added advantage
- Must be able to work independently and must have the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment regarding matters of significance.
- Exceptional time management skills required and an ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner, without prompting, both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be able to resolve difficult problems, use analytical judgement, and must be able to process a high volume of accurate, detailed, and quality work product with an unsurpassed attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work proactively – thinking ahead.
- Advanced writing and editing skills; varies writing style as needed.
- Must maintain a strict code of ethics in working with highly confidential data.
Instructions for Submitting Application:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- Include position applying for in subject.
- Applications should include an academic transcript of the most recently acquired qualification.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a 5-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
- Deadline for application is January 27, 2023. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, or any other status variable.