Job Title: History & Global Politics/TOK Teacher
Location: Mbabane, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), with international travel
Reporting to: Head of Department
The primary role of the History Teacher will be to provide a holistic approach to learning for students across the three Phases of our school: the Lower Forms, the IGCSE and IBDP phases.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The school is looking to appoint a full-time History Teacher with a deep understanding of
the subject and a holistic approach to learning. The role commences on the 1st of January
2023. The primary role of the History Teacher will be to provide a holistic approach to
learning for students across the three Phases of our school: the Lower Forms, the IGCSE
and IBDP phases.
- A Degree in History
- An Honours or Masters’ Degree is preferred and would be an added advantage
- Experience teaching Global Politics or TOK would be an added advantage
- At least 3 years IB Diploma or A-Level History teaching experience
- Professional teaching qualification e.g. PGCE
- Passion for student-centered teaching and learning and the ability to develop
meaningful relationships with young people
- Teach History to high achieving students to students from diverse backgrounds from across Africa and the world, aged 12-20
- Teach History across the three Phases of the school: Lower Forms, IGCSE and IBDP
- Teach Global Politics or TOK at IBDP Level
- Work with colleagues in the department to continually improve and align pedagogical approaches
- Contribute to student growth outside the classroom by supervising a community service activity, club and/or an extra-curricular activity
- Serve as Tutor to 12 students
- Perform Residential duties
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
at the College
Teaching at Waterford Kamhlaba UWCSA is a unique opportunity for any educator who is
interested in teaching within a holistic and global education model that promotes a culture
of innovation and celebrates difference. Waterford Kamhlaba offers educators a feeling of
community within a culture of innovation.
Only suitable qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. A detailed CV, application letter
and qualifications (certificates) should be emailed to email@example.com with the
subject line “Application – History Teacher”.
Please make sure to label your application letter and cv with your first name e.g. Application letter – Name, CV – Name.
HOW TO APPLY?
When applying, send a motivation letter and detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not attach any academic qualifications at this stage. After shortlisting, we determine the suitability of candidates to work in our school via reference checks and interviews at our school or via
You can express your interest by sending a motivation letter and detailed CV to:
The deadline for application is 22 June 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the above mentioned requirements will be considered and
If we do not contact you 3 weeks after closing date, please consider your application to be
If you would like to know more about these positions, please contact our Head of HR via email@example.com / +268 24220867/8/9.
Waterford Kamhlaba is an equal opportunity employer.