Human Resources Manager
The Eswatini Water and Agricultural Development Enterprise (ESWADE) seeks to employ a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to the position of Human Resources Manager.
Reporting to the Corporate Services Director, this position is mainly responsible for leading and managing the Human Resources Division to achieve its intended outcomes as well as deliver efficient and effective services in the areas of; human resources management and development, administration, facilities and transport management.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Human Resources function, support the Corporate services director and management by providing advice on HR matters, including the development and review of HR strategies, policies and procedures.
- Oversee the operations and performance of the Human Resources and Administration unit- including assigning tasks, mentoring, training and developing staff and assessing the performance of the entire unit and individual employees.
- Provide advice and guidance on organizational development matters.
- Conduct research and analysis of HR trends including reviewing of reports and metrics from the human resource information system and payroll system.
- Serve as the point of contact for employment relations.
- Monitor adherence to all HR policies and legal standards
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Review and implement remuneration and entitlement levels to ensure that the pay structure of ESWADE is responsive to PEU requirements, needs and expectation of staff, as well as market and currency fluctuations.
- Manage the provision of a range of services including recruitment and selection; training and development; performance management; disciplinary and grievance procedures; benefits administration; office administration;
- Direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as reception, office maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling.
- Plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors falling under the division’s portfolio has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- Maintain the appearance of ESWADE facilities and ensure all office equipment is adequately maintained.
- Manage ESWADE owned and leased motor vehicles and ensure that maintenance, service and repair programs are scheduled, communicated and executed accordingly.
- Document, compile and submit reports on all HR, administration, facilities and transport issues according to agreed style and format.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Degree in business/HR/Organisational Psychology or equivalent
- 5 years HR Generalist experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Added advantage: Post graduate qualification in Human Resources/Organisational Psychology/business management
- Added advantage: 6+ years HR generalist experience with 4+ years in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of HR Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of HR Systems and databases
- Sound knowledge of HR best practice and the country’s labour legislation
- HR Analytics and workforce planning
- Analytical, reporting and problem solving skills
- Perceptiveness and discernment
- Attention to detail
Applications with complete up-to-date Curriculum Vitae’s and certified copies of academic certificates/ licenses, must be addressed to The Recruitment Consultant, The Eswatini Water and Agricultural Development Enterprise (ESWADE), Siphofaneni, Eswatini and emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: 16 March 2023
N.B Please note that applications received after the above date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any personal representations made will be considered as intimidation tactics, as such, the candidate responsible will be disqualified immediately from the recruitment process.
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location ESWADE – HQ
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage the procurement function for the ESWADE in accordance with policies
and procedures; and in full compliance with the Public Procurement Act, Public
Procurement Regulations, Circulars and guidelines thereto.
- Develop and ensure execution of a consolidated annual procurement plan and ensure compliant implementation.
- Promote effective management of suppliers to ensure value for money and operational efficiency of funded projects including grants.
- Provide insight through the analysis of annual expenditure.
- Develop specifications for various requirements to be included in request for
proposals and requests for quotes, solicit quotes and proposals from vendors.
- Prepare bid documents, evaluation matrix, and bid analysis and prepare
monthly procurement reports.
- Use relevant market intelligence in executing procurements.
- Prepare procurement documentation such as requests for proposals, requests
for quotes, bid documents, purchase orders, terms and conditions, and supplier
and consultant contracts.
- Establish, as often as is necessary, new processes and systems for effective
procurement – including the systems of monitoring and exercising warranties.
- Lead in the identification, assessment and management of potential risks
associated with different sourcing strategies.
- Develop a mechanism to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Provide specialist advice/guidance on best procurement practice to all divisions
and provide contract management oversight in all procurement activities
- Manages the administration of tenders by ensuring that the tenders are received
in line with the enquiry and ensures the applicable procurement procedures are
- Participate in tender pre-bid meetings and tender closing meetings in line with
- Implement the procurement strategy.
- Oversee the operations and performance of the Procurement Unit – including assigning tasks, mentoring, training and assessing performance of the unit and individual employees.
- Ensure all goods, works and services purchased comply with user specifications and are of good quality.
- Define and manage supplier relationships and performance to ensure access to quality products in the market and obtain value for money in all procurements.
- Facilitate the tender evaluation process
- Provide Secretariat services to the Entity Tender Board
- Liaise with the ESPPRA for all procurement related activities
- Develop a procurement policy and ensure organizational compliance with the policy
- Be responsible for contact administration, including preparation of contracts and issuing approved contracts, and maintain reports on supplier performance
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain Management/Procurement/B-Com, logistics and Inventory Management or relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- CIPS- Advanced Diploma an added advantage
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in procurement and 4 years in middle management level
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager
- Proven working experience and understanding of International Financiers (AfDB, European Union etc) Procurement Policies and methods
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing of bidding documents for large works and Consultancy Services
- Experience in procuring engineering consultants and works contractors
- Experience and understanding of public procurement and related legislation
- Technical appreciation of different procurement methods
- Effective stakeholder management
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Must be a good team player with organizational and communication skills
Written applications, academic certificates and detailed CVs are to be emailed to recruitment @eswade.co.sz.
Closing date for applications is the (pending approval of advert).
NB: Please note that applications received after the above date will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.