JOB TITLE: BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (RI) DEVELOPER
REPORTS TO: PROJECT COORDINATOR
DURATION: 8 MONTHS
Overview: ICAP- Eswatini, in partnership with the Ministry of Health, and with funding from the United States Government is conducting a number of research studies and surveillance activities. The !CAP portfolio includes various health systems strengthening (HSS) activities and clinical trials to respond to pertinent research questions in the HIV response. ICAP recently completed the second Swaziland HIV incidence measurement survey (SHIMS2). and will be implementing the Eswatini HIV recent infection surveillance project (EHRIS). The EHRIS activity will entail continuous surveillance and characterization of recent HIV infections, towards identification of potential recent infection clusters and appropriate intervention.
Overall job functions: As an integral member of the Eswatini Recent Infection Surveillance (EHRIS) team, the Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of EHRIS Business Intelligence (BI) reports, web interface and database. Working with cross-functional teams in the EHRIS project, the BI developer will participate in gathering and documenting reporting requirements to meet business needs, and use those requirements to design, develop, test and implement reports and dashboards that utilize the underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard
• Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards. created from potentially multiple data sources
• Participate with other specialist to convert legacy reports (primarily excel reports) to Microsoft Power BI.
• Program mobile data collection forms using Open Data Kit(ODK) platform into tablets.
• Update existing ehris database schema to accommodate new information requirements.
• Manage ehris websites and ensure user access.
• Ensure routine data synchronization to the ehris server is successfully executed and monitored.
• Update existing ehris dashboards with new requirements (data elements and indicators using measure, calculated colunins etc)
• Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for both external and internal users
• Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence
• Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
• Provide training and assistance to users for generation of adhoc reports
• Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
• Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision
• BS in Computer Science or related field is preferable. Equivalent combination of experience, education and training will be considered.
Skill & Experience
• 3+ years experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale reports and dashboards,
• including :
• Working with users in a requirements analysis role
• Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations
• Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
• Proficiency with Power 131 Suite (Power B1 Desktop, Power B1 Report Server, Power 131 Gateway. Power BI Service)
• Working knowledge of DAX ( Data analysis Expressions) and M-Language for Power Query • Working Knowledge of MSSQL Server and SQL Queries
• Experience in developing and deploying mobile data collection forms using Open Data Kit (ODK)
• Experience in using ODK Aggregate and ODK Briefcase to automate data syncronisation between mobile devices and EHRIS server
• Experience in PHP and MySQL Web Programming.
• Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures
• Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support working in project environments that includes internal, external and customer teams
• Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
• Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of software development life cycle is preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
JOB TITLE: HTS OFFICERS (7 POSITIONS)
REPORTS TO: NURSE-IN-CHARGE
LOCATION: HEALTH FACILITIES
DURATION: 8 MONTHS
Overview: ICAP- Eswatini, in partnership with the Ministry of Health, and with funding from the United States Government is conducting a number of research studies and surveillance activities. The ICAP portfolio includes various health systems strengthening (HSS) activities and clinical trials to respond to pertinent research questions in the HIV response. 1CAP recently completed the second Swaziland HIV incidence measurement survey (SHIMS2). and will be implementing the Eswatini HIV recent infection surveillance project (EHRIS). The EHRIS activity will entail continuous surveillance and characterization of recent HIV infections, towards identification of potential recent infection hotspots and appropriate intervention.
Overall Job functions: The HTS Counselors are responsible for the provision of HIV testing and counselling services to clients at the facility and linking clients to services as appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide HIV education to clients and their families.
• Provide pre-test information giving, post-test and on-going counseling to individuals, couples and families seen at health
• care facility according to National HTS Guidelines.
• Perform HIV rapid testing, adhering to nationally recommended rapid testing algorithm.
• Perform HIV recency testing in fine with the protocol, SOPs and recency testing algorithm
• Perform EHRIS data collection according to project protocol and SOPs.
• Conduct phlebotomy for viral load and ART baselines
• Refer/link clients, as needed, to prevention, treatment and care, on-going counseling, sexual reproductive health, medical and psychosocial care and support services.
• Establish appropriate collaborative relationships for referrals and maintain an up-to-date referral directory.
• Conduct individual/couple and group health education sessions on HIV for clients and their partners in the facility.
• Conduct TB and NCD screening and link appropriately using the standard tool.
• Promote HIV prevention by providing prevention messages and methods, including condom demonstrations and providing one-on-one information to client.
• Participate in activities aimed at promotion and advocacy for HIS, TB, SRH, NCD and HIV treatment and care with other health professionals, disciplines, NGOs in the catchment area.
• Update HIS and other related clinic tools on services conducted and submit monthly, complete, accurate and timely reports using the standard reporting format.
• Report any problem arising in the service immediately to supervisor.
• Participate in facility HIS external QI activities including HIV and TB trainings.
• Document and share best practices.
• Carryout any other duties upon request.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Formal certification in HTS provision from a recognized training institution, i.e Task or PSI.
• Ability to perform to conduct phlebotomy
• 2-3 experience in provision of HTS services and phlebotomy
• Experience working in clinical research/surveillance project conducting data collection
• Experience in using tablets or other electronic data collection tools
• Excellent interpersonal organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in both English and Siswati
JOB TITLE: LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (3 POSITIONS)
REPORTS TO: LABORATORY MANAGER
DURATION: 8 MONTHS
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
The Laboratory Technologist will be stationed within the Eswatini Health Laboratory Services (EHLS) molecular laboratories. They will work closely with the Ministry of Health, Epidemiology and Disease Control Unit (EDCU), Central Statistics Office, in-country partners, CDC and survey teams to ensure implementation of laboratory related EHRIS activities, including QA/QC for recency testing and viral load sample collection, transportation and processing.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Perform laboratory tests and ensure timely processing of results and their abstraction by the EHRIS project team for completion of the HIV recency-testing algorithm.
• Perform quality control and verification testing
• Maintain high standards in good laboratory practice (GLP) and adhere to project protocols.
• Perform other Medical Laboratory Technology duties within the scope of work
• Collaborate in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures for the EHRIS project.
• Work with Eswatini Health Laboratory Services (EHLS) and regional molecular laboratory personnel to support implementation of EHRIS activities.
• Participate in the designing and implementation of overall laboratory quality control and quality assurance system a for EHRIS project.
• Participate in the development of EHRIS laboratory related standard operational procedures.
• Provide guidance and coaching to staff and assist in the orientation and training of new staff on recency testing procedures in line with EHRIS protocol and SOPs.
• Keep proper and clear documents and records of tests performed as per protocol.
• Participate in data quality audits/reviews
• Participate in laboratory quality management systems (QMS) activities.
• Executing other responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualification & Minimum Requirement:
• At least a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Laboratory science or related sciences is an added advantage.
• Ability to conduct phlebotomy
• At least I years’ experience working in a clinical diagnostic laboratory.
• Knowledge and understanding of laboratory quality management systems (LQMS) and ISO 15189.
• Previous experience working in molecular diagnostics and research laboratory is an added advantage.
JOB TITLE: SURVEILLANCE OFFICERS (4, POSITIONS)
REPORTS TO: PROJECT COORDINATOR/ TRAINING AND COMMUNICATION
OFFICER LOCATION: MBABANE WITH FIELD TRAVELLING
DURATION : 8 MONTHS
Overall Job functions: The Surveillance Nurses will be responsible for leading identification, characterization and investigation of potential recent infection dusters and coordinate response activities both at site and above site level across the 4 regions of Eswatini.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To review EHRIS and programmatic data to identify, confirm and prioritize HIV recent infection clusters and coordinate response
• To map health facilities meeting Eswatini-specific HIV recent infection cluster definition and visually inspect potential clustering across facilities to determine the size of a potential cluster
• Periodically conduct DQA and other data review to evaluate and characterize suspected HIV recent infection clusters using available data by person, place and time
• To conduct HIV recent infection cluster investigation and present findings to EHRIS data management task team for cluster confirmation and prioritization
• To review HIV testing data over a long period of time (e.g from 6-12 months) looking for broader patterns suggestive of a cluster
• Periodically review HIV recent infection data on the recency dashboard to identify any key populations or evidence of risky behavior like injection drug use, commercial sex work, men having sex with men, etc.
• Conduct additional interviews, in particular with recently infected individuals, partners, key informants, and service providers to identify risk networks, as part of a cluster investigation
• Work with local health facilities to ensure site-level responses for recent infections are carried out, such as ensuring proper linkages to care and treatment facilities for those found to be recently infection, initiate testing and retesting activities in identified risk network not known to be HIV infected, etc.
• Collaborate with community partners to implement community-level activities in response to identified clusters to interrupt ongoing HIV transmission
• In collaboration with the PITT and other stakeholders, make recommendations based on gathered data to address identified gaps in routine programming that are factors to ongoing HIV transmission
• Adapt and use cluster investigation tools to be used to evaluate outcomes of cluster response activities to assess ongoing concerns, and provide feedback on tools.
• Work hand in hand with stakeholders to communicate outcomes of cluster investigations
• Prepare regular progress report on cluster identification and response
• Maintain confidentiality of project participants and adhere to principles of Human Subject Protection (HSP) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Candidate must hold a degree or professional equivalent in nursing sciences, epidemiology, public health, social sciences or health related discipline. A post graduate qualification is preferable.
• A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in operational or clinical research or surveys
• Experience working in HIV testing and HIV management environment with clear insight of the HIV cascade and familiarity with national guidelines
• Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel; Power BI experience a bonus
• Experience working with health facilities and providing them with mentorship. support supervision and data abstraction.
• Experience in participating in research quality assurance and control
• A minimum of 2-3 years experience conducting key informant interviews with health workers .
• Knowledge of good clinical practice Willingness to spend substantial time in the field
• Detail oriented, flexible and adaptable
• Excellent communication skills
Interested applicants should send their application and resumes named after their surnames by email and subject line will be the position applied for e.g “Surveillance Officer” to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications to be submitted: Wednesday 22nd January 2020 at 17:00pm.
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting on line. Only short listed applicants will be contacted with preference given to qualifying Swati nationals. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us 3 weeks after the closing date.