Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Switzerland is an independent international humanitarian medical organisation working in over 80 countries worldwide. MSF is working in Swaziland, Shiselweni Region, in partnership with the Ministry of Health, to improve (DR) TB and HIV services.
In the framework of the above, MSF is recruiting a Information Systems Specialist to be part of the MSF team.
Duty station: Nhlangano
Carrying out assessments and ensures the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of all IT and telecommunications equipment according to MSF standards and protocols in order to ensure an optimal running of the project and the efficient use of the systems and equipment
• Defining procedures and ensuring the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the IT and telecommunications equipment and systems in the mission and participating in the establishment and/or revision of the budgets concerning ICT
• Managing the ICT activities in support to and in close collaboration with the field responsible of the sector of activity (s)he is primarily in support.
• Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of statistical data on ICT (number of repairs, monitoring and abuse of internet and telephone use, general state of computer parts, etc.) and drafting a quarterly report on activities, informing his/her supervisor of all technical modifications of the mission. Monitoring guarantees/warranties and insurance and following up invoices
• Providing direct supervision and support to the Information Systems technicians as well as technical and educational support (briefing, training, etc) to new users, relevant personnel, technicians, project radio operators and/or logistics experts dealing with information systems and managing user access to the information systems (communication tools, software, files, etc.)
• Performing delegated tasks specific to area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager
Education -Higher Diploma in IT
Experience : 2-3 years’ experience in IT. Desirable previous. experience with MSF or other NGOs,
Languages : English and Siswati essential.
Knowledge : Expertise in operating systems (XP-Pro, W7) and desktop applications (MS Office 2003/2007/2010). Good knowledge of computer parts and maintenance, networks and their protocols, main email systems (Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird. Lotus), IT Security Tools (Anti-virus. Firewall, Anti-spyware, back-ups. Understanding of telecommunication systems and educational tools.
Competencies: Results and quality orientation, teamwork and cooperation, behavioral flexibility, commitment to MSF principles, stress management.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their application including: motivational letter, CV recommendation letters, and certified copies of academic certificates to the Personnel Administration Manager, MSF Nhlangano Office, Plot 442, Ext 3 McAlpine, PO Box 572, Nhlangano.
Applications may also be emailed to
email@example.com on or before the 21st January 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in MSF Nhlangano office.