A career opportunity is open for a suitably qualified and well-experienced individual to join our credit team as an Insurance Officer reporting to the Manager Credit Support.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As an Insurance Officer, you will be accountable for the administration of credit insurance, servicing of new and existing clients that includes but not limited to handling renewals, mid-term policy adjustments, and settlement of claims in accordance with SBS policies and procedures.
• Appraise all assets financed by the Society to determine that they are adequately covered and that premiums are up to date
• Continuously review and collect all commissions from insurers in accordance with agreed arrangements
• Analyse and process insurance proposals efficiently and effectively
• Administrate and validate of insurance claims within the specifications of SBS policy terms and conditions
• Facilitate completeness of insurance cover on all approved loan facilities prior to disbursement
• Keep track of all contractual and legal obligations within the business unit
• Effectively communicate (both verbally and written) with internal as well as external clients
• Supervise the insurance team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance or equivalent
• Banking qualification will be an added advantage
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in handling both the underwriting and claims for credit insurance products
• Strong organisational and administrative skills
• Good people management skills
• Communication, presentation, reporting and negotiation skills
• High degree of accuracy in numerical analysis
• Proficient in use of MS Office
We offer a competitive package commensurate with skills and experience.
A comprehensive CV with 3 traceable references and certified copies of academic qualifications should be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Wednesday 20th May 2020.
If you have not received any feedback from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.