SNG Grant Thornton has an opportunity for a qualified IT professional to join our IT Department. Suitable candidates will receive extensive training in the field, as well career development opportunities. At SNG Grant Thornton you will join a dynamic team of professionals at one of the world’s leading providers of Audit, Tax and Advisory services that will assist you to build on your skills and realize your ambitions.
Summary of responsibilities
- Assist in-office and remote users in troubleshooting laptop hardware and software configuration issues
- Configure new machines and setup new users on systems and the network
- Perform server related duties including setting up and maintenance of user access rights
- Perform data server backups in line with the Disaster Recovery Plans of the firm
- Manage and maintain the configurations database of the firm within all local IT equipment, ensuring that they adhere to the critical update requirements of the network of firms
- Support accounting, payroll, billing and auditing systems used within the firm
- Support accounting and payroll systems for SNG Grant Thornton clients
- Update and maintain IT standards and procedures in line with the SNG Grant Thornton International Information and Cyber Security Policy requirements Liaising with the SNG Grant Thornton International support team to ensure adherence to Grant Thornton International IT standards
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. Computer Science or BCom. Information Systems/ Informatics/ Information Technology or a similar qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience in the support of IT systems, particularly in a professional services environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with computer hardware and software
- A background understanding of business or accounting would be an added advantage
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to handle and solve computer related complaints and problems
- Ability to interact with people and staff at all levels, in a fast paced environment
- Systematic and logical problem solver
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player & self-starter
The closing date for applications is 14 October 2020.
- All applications will be acknowledged, late applications will not be accepted.
- Should you not receive further correspondence within one month of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Written applications should be submitted in the form of a Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and certified copies of academic certificates clearly stating the post applied for in the subject line.
Applications must be addressed to:
The Recruitment Manager
SNG Grant Thornton Advisory (Pty) Ltd
Lot 195 Karl Grant Street,