Hours: 40 hours a week
Reports to: Lubombo Associate Director-Clinical Services
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global professional organization dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
In Swaziland, URC works with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders to provide technical assistance for scaling up provision and access to comprehensive, integrated and decentralized HIV/TB services. URC is implementing the CDC-funded Strengthening Local capacity to deliver sustainable quality assured Universal coverage of clinical HIV/TB services in Lubombo region and provision of central level technical assistance to SNAP in the Kingdom of Swaziland under PEPFAR announces a position opportunity for candidates with perquisite skills and experience.
The Laboratory Officer will support the provision of HIV related point of care testing technical assistance, including specimen management to project supported facility testing points in the Lubombo region. He/She will work in collaboration with the regional hub laboratories, the Swaziland Health Laboratories and lead implementing lab partner. He/She is responsible for supporting the streamlining of HIV/TB point-of-care testing (pre, analytical and post-analytical) through training and mentoring of clinical staff to support the attainment of the 90-90-90 care and treatment targets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide on the job training and mentoring to clinical staff on POCT following manufacturer instructions and the established Quality assurance framework (WHO-CDC point-of-care testing Step wise improvement checklist;
• Provide technical assistance to enhance the roll out of HIV internal quality control and External quality assurance at all HIV testing entry points.
• Assist facilities with the development, implementation and monitoring of comprehensive quality Improvement plans to meet established quality and service level standard related to HIV POCT.
• Work with Hub laboratories to ensure that progress toward quality, timely sample collection and results delivery is sustained and further improved.
• Support facilities in implementing HIV/TB diagnostic algorithms and ensure compliance to quality assurance standards.
• Strengthen bio safety practices and procedures for HIV related point of care testing.
• Orient health care workers on HIV related POCT procedures, including the maintenance of POC equipment
• Provide ongoing project reports and document best practices.
• Provide any other duties as assigned from time to time.
• Support the laboratory aspects for the smooth roll out of mHealth technologies for timely results return at peripheral service delivery points.
Minimum Qualifications. Skills & Attributes:
• Medical Laboratory Degree
• At least 2 years of post-training working experience in related field.
• Excellent verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills are required
• Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural background and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• The candidate should possess a valid driver’s license
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to the URC offices at the Mbabane Office Park, Building I , 3rd floor, North Wing.
If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 26 November 2019
URC is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.