MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position reports to the Town Clerk and its main purpose is to coordinate and manage local economic development project initiatives in partnership with the Commonwealth Local Government Forum as well as various private sector & community based organizations
The key responsibilities of the Local Economic Development Officer will be, but not limited to:
• Facilitate the development and implementation of the LED strategies.
• Monitoring, reviewing and evaluating local area economic profiles and policies.
• Assist with the improvement of policies targeted at creating an enabling economic environment.
• Organize events and mobilize communities on behalf of the municipality
• Act as liaison between local organizations, communities and individuals concerning local economic development initiatives.
• Support and coordinate the governance structures related to LED within the scope of local authority.
• Prepare reports, make recommendations/presentations and attend meetings as required.
• Provide advice for local entrepreneurs and business start ups.
• Facilitate the key deliverables and immediate goals detailed in the Council’s detailed Integrated Development Plan in respect of
the communication, investment and agricultural dimensions of local economic development.
• Assessing, evaluating and drafting LED project proposals with reference to small business approach, application and preparing Implementation plans to roll out action as contained in departmental strategies and annual plans.
• Prepare and administer Unit budget.
• Prepare and submit proposals as required.
• Ensure the development of a Project appraisal tool for M&E of all LED projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
• Bachelor of Commerce in Economics or related field.
• 3 years’ experience working in the same or similar position.
• Proficient in MS Office Suit.
• Strategic thinking, good interpersonal, communication, presentation, customer service, ability to conduct research & surveys,
business plan compilation & strong project management skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• 5 Years Performance based contract
• Competitive salary
Written applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with certified copies of academic or proficiency certificates must be
sent or hand delivered to:
The Town Clerk
Matsapha Town Council
P. O. Box 1790
Closing date: 18th September 2020
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not be contacted within 4 weeks after the closing deadline, please
consider your application unsuccessful.