PSI/Eswatini, a member of the PSI global network, aims to improve the health of the people of Eswatini. PSI/Eswatini seeks to recruit for the following position. This position is contingent on funding. For more information or complete job description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Job title Locum DREAMS Mentor (6 each constituency) Department DREAMS
Based in – Lugongolweni, Kukhanyeni and Mafutseni Inkhundla, Suitable candidates from these constituencies are encouraged to apply for this role.
Reports to the DREAMS Facilitator
Who we are,
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job. We have many PSIers who have been with PSI for many years and have built a lasting career with us!
PSI/ES is a nonprofit company registered locally under the laws of Eswatini that has been implementing health programs since 2001. Fully committed to measurable health impact, PSI/Eswatini works in close cooperation with government, partners in the public and private sectors and local civil society to deliver high quality health programs to reach vulnerable populations with needed health prevention services, products and information. The organization is currently implementing HIV prevention programs including community-based HIV counseling and testing, linkages to care and treatment, treatment initiation, voluntary medical male circumcision, non-communicable diseases (NCD) and condom promotion and distribution, employing both fixed site and mobile outreach models. All services are accompanied by social behavior change communication messaging.
PSI seeks enthusiastic, energetic and committed individuals with an interest in building a career in NGO sector Programs for the position of Locum DREAMS Mentor within PSI Eswatini’s Programs team. They will work within PSI Eswatini’s DREAMS Department to support program activities. The individuals’ overall work is to facilitate safe spaces for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYWs aged 10-14yrs, 15-19 yrs and 20- 29yrs) and enroll about 480 AGYWs into clubs every 6-months (80% of target to be reached). The locum employee reports to the DREAMS Facilitator assigned for that Constituency/Inkhundla
Sound like you? Read on.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Identify and enroll AGYW through strategic entry points and conduct vulnerability assessments (with DREAMS Facilitators)
• Utilize a mentorship approach to assist AGYWs in setting goals and tracking them to completion through one-on-one interactions.
• Develop and manage integrated mentoring plans tailored to AGYW needs, risks, and vulnerabilities and ensure follow-up of mobile AGYW
• Conduct small group sessions, and one-on-one mentorship on HIV prevention, Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) etc. and deliver tailored Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) messages for AGYWs using job aids
• Support demand creation efforts and disseminate health information
• Make referrals for clinical and social services (SRH/FP, HTS, PrEP, PEP, condoms, abuse & violence) and track referral completion
• Keep program documents and submit monthly tracking report
What are we looking for?
• Form 5 minimum and any other tertiary certificate will be an added advantage.
• A certificate on psychosocial support, or HIV management will be most preferred
A few necessities
• Able to write and read English and Siswati
• Should be young women aged between 25- 45 years
• Be a resident of the Community in which to work from
• Past working experience with Children and adolescents
• Be willing to attend out of community trainings
• Have no criminal record regarding children
• Be readily available to start as soon as possible
• Familiar with HIV and SRH related issues that affect Swazi communities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
Application letters and curriculum vitae must be sent via email to email@example.com no later than 21st October 2020.
For your application to be “recognized”, it must cite the position and Inkhundla applying for plus candidate Name and Surname in the email subject.
No calls please and No posted or hand delivered applications will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.