Applications are invited from suitable and qualifying candidates to fill the positions of Manager IT
Governance & Innovation that exists within the ICT Department.
JOB PRIMARY PURPOSE
To provide a sound structure for aligning with ICT best practice and deriving measurable value from ICT investments and also Ensuring IT governance is implemented, sustained and continuously improved upon within the Bank. To manage the Bank’s enterprise architecture and the information technology roadmap, as well as Co-ordinating the development and implementation of the overall. ICT strategic plan, budget and delivery across the Bank. Monitoring and measurement of ICT. This includes developing and reporting on IT reporting dashboards and other metrics to the Head of ICT and Executive Management. To ensure ICT complies with all relevant CBE frameworks. Co-ordinating
the development and implementation of the overall ICT strategic plan, budget and delivery across the Bank and ensuring that ICT innovation management occurs within CBE. Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management. And establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for IT Governance and coordinating with the Head of ICT and Executive Management Committee in
developing the IT Governance practices.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an annual financial plan, aligned to the ICT strategic plan,
for the ICT department.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an enterprise architecture framework and supervise
architecture as well as lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of all projects.
- Lead the development and implementation of an ICT innovation management plan and process.
- Lead the Bank’s internal software development capabilities and/or working with the third party contract developers.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of IT governance in line with international best practice.
- Ensures priority ICT processes are automated.
- Analyse software requirements; implements design plans, reviews unit tests; documents software
development; monitors status of developing software;
- Writes reviews and revises product requirements, and specifications.
- Provides technical support to other company personnel.
- Ensure all ICT programmes and projects comply with the CBE Project Management Framework.
- Establish a project management competency within ICT that includes processes, templates and tools.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining a portfolio management approach across ICT projects and
- Responsible for the development of an ICT performance measurement framework.
- Responsible for monitoring and measurement of ICT. This includes developing and reporting on
dashboards and other metrics to the Head of ICT and Executive Management.
- Responsible and accountable for changes effected by ICT innovations ensuring they take place in a controlled and auditable manner.
- Develop effective communication to ensure that business areas understand the deployed technologies in support
of service delivery.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Information System or equivalent
- At least 5 years in ICT environment experience with significant exposure to systems/infrastructure management, risk management, IT governance.
- At least 3 years in software development and innovation, one of which playing a team leading role, including mobile application development.
- Experience in systems/infrastructure support, IT governance and project management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Knowledge in IT Governance & Management, Project Management and Information Security
e.g. COBIT, ITIL, PMBOK, ISMS, TOGAF, etc.
- High competency in software development within financial services, Banking industry/Government using modern tools, languages and databases e.g. Java, C#, Swift /
- Object-C and MS SQL, MySQL and MariaDB.
- Experience in ICT strategic planning and organisation development.
- Demonstrated ability in applying ICT in solving business problems.
- Knowledge of systems development techniques
- Negotiation, leadership, interpersonal and communication skill
The Bank offers a competitive package.
Applications with detailed CV and Academic qualifications should be emailed electronically to the
Human Resources Manager on or before the close of business on 13 April 2021 to
Applications should clearly indicate the post applied for in the ‘subject’ box. Please note that
shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an incumbent not hear from the Bank within two
weeks of the closing date of this communication, please consider application not successful.