The ESwatini Royal insurance Corporation (ESRIC) is seeking for a qualified, high achieving individual to join the Corporation and play their role by focusing on legal responsibilities and functions.
Job Purpose: The Manager Legal will develop and implement strategies which result in the provision of well-rounded legal advice to senior management and to the Corporation; oversee legal processes including court actions where necessary; lead and manage the Corporation’s relationships with external legal advisors. Will also manage and be a mentor to the legal team in the Corpora Lion.
• Provide legal opinion as required corporation.
• Provide legal, and/or strategic advice in internal and external meetings.
• Inform and advise all stakeholders on legislative and judicial changes affecting the Corporation.
• Provide quality and effective legal advice to all internal clients and ensure legal compliance.
• liaise with relevant divisions to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Prepare, review and drafts contracts and agreements.
• Keep up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the Corporation and advise timely.
• Liaise with and manage external lawyers / law firms as required.
• Regularly report on legal matters as may be required.
• Partner with the HR & Administration department to work on IR matters.
• Provide timely and effective legal advice/assistance to technical departments.
• Prepare and send legal notices to clients/infringers, filing of legal or civil case against debtors defaulting payments.
• Initiate all criminal proceedings where the Corporation may have an interest.
• Maintain close control of ESRIC legal budget, ensuring in particular that expenditure on external advice is closely monitored both in terms of overall costs as well as the subject matters covered.
• Assess periodically the business need particularly for legal skills in-house.
• Ensure consistent procedures and communication processes are in place to establish goals, clarify responsibilities, engage team members, utilize their strengths, share feedback and adjust plans.
• Continuously monitor compliance with legal obligation and advise management accordingly.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Possess a Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) Admitted attorney of the High Court of Swaziland with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
• Ability to identify and analyse complex issues / problems in management areas and recommend and/or implement solutions.
• Ability to manage office functions economically and efficiently, plan work, maintain good interpersonal relations and communication with lawyers and support staff.
• Display excellent supervisory and leadership skills
• Ability to evaluate and weigh all legal aspects and or situation and be able to provide sound solutions, with the ultimate aim of protecting the legal rights of the Corporation.
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE SENT STRICTLY VIA EMAIL: email@example.com
1. Motivating Letter
2. CV with
3 contactable References
3. Certified academic qualifications
Closing Date: Tuesday, 20th July 2021
*If not contacted within 14 days after the closing date, you may consider your application unsuccessful*