PSI/Eswatini, a member of the PSI global network, aims to improve the health of the people of Eswatini. PSI/Eswatini seeks to recruit for the following position. This position is contingent on funding. For more information or complete job description, please contact email@example.com
Job title Marketing Manager
Department Marketing & Communications
Based in Mbabane, Eswatini
Reports to the Marketing & Communications Director
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job. We have many PSIers who have been with PSI for many years and have built a lasting career with us!
PSI/ES is a nonprofit company registered locally under the laws of Eswatini that has been implementing health programs since 2001. Fully committed to measurable health impact, PSI/Eswatini works in close cooperation with government, partners in the public and private sectors and local civil society to deliver high quality health programs to reach vulnerable populations with needed health prevention services, products and information. The organization is currently implementing HIV prevention programs including community-based HIV counseling and testing, linkages to care and treatment, treatment initiation, voluntary medical male circumcision, and condom promotion and distribution, employing both fixed site and mobile outreach models. All services are accompanied by social behavior change communication messaging.
PSI seeks an entrepreneurial, creative, and dynamic candidate with an interest in building a career in global health for the position of Marketing Manager within PSI Eswatini’s Marketing team. He/she will develop and oversee PSI Eswatini’s marketing strategy for all health products and services and will collaborate closely with the Communications Manager who oversees implementation of inter-related and synergistic communication activities. The Marketing Manager will have the opportunity to work across multiple stakeholders, including donors, the Ministry of Health and other global health partner organizations under the leadership of the Marketing and Communication Director.
PSI seeks qualified, dynamic, and creative candidates with significant expertise in marketing strategy, market research and measurement of marketing activities. This position requires working knowledge and practical experience or a learning mindset in design thinking, if possible, in human centered design (HCD).
Sound like you? Read on.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Become an expert and champion in PSI’s Marketing Strategy design process to develop and provide technical guidance on marketing strategies for PSI’s various health products and services. This also includes a client experience strategy for mobile and fixed facility clinics/sites;
- Support the design and implementation of market research. Lead engagement with target audience to gain insights and develop empathy among the team with program beneficiaries transform research insights into meaningful and relevant marketing plans.
- Work closely with and support MOH and key stakeholders to develop marketing strategies and campaigns
- Build capacity of key stakeholders in marketing strategies
- Develop PSI Eswatini brand strategy and positioning and ensure brand integrity (including brand voice/character and visual identity) across all executions across all programs
- Coordinate evaluation activities to measure the success of messages and marketing campaigns
- Analyze market trends to assist with PSI’s marketing strategy development and demand creation strategies
- Coordinate closely with communications team, who lead execution of all marketing interventions including quality assurance.
Digital and social media strategy
- Develop digital marketing strategy (including social media) to ensure increased and effective engagement and desired action from users
- Oversee digital marketing and social media campaigns metrics to continually improve digital marketing strategy
- Ensure rich and creative content that is optimized for search.
- Develop creative briefs for the development of all marketing executions, including across all relevant communications channels
- Work closely with creative agencies providing strategic input to ensure development and production of effective and quality communication materials
- Lead and facilitate materials development workshops with MOH, key stakeholders
- Lead prototyping, pre-testing and finalization activities of messages and marketing interventions
- Prepare reports to donors on communication and demand creation activities
- Produce stories and articles for internal and external publication
- Work with Marketing Director in the analysis of key metrics to inform strategies for reaching PSI program targets.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Marketing
- 7-10 years or more work experience marketing, consumer research, communications, advertising, social and behavior change.
- High level knowledge and experience in HCD approaches, message and campaign development
- Experience in demand creation for services or products
- Experience working with adolescents, young people and men
What will get us excited?
The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a passion for private sector approaches to development; and proven ability to produce results
- Stellar Facilitator. You enjoy bringing groups of people together with a shared challenge and guiding them through a process to collaboratively develop a solution
- Creative expert. You love a creative challenge and coming up with new ideas to solve problems.
- Team Player: You know how to connect several diverse groups of people in order to get things done
- Self-Starter: You are not afraid to jump in from the start and get your hands dirty with minimal direction and you are not afraid to ask questions
- Work hard, play hard. You support the idea that the team that works hard should play hard. We like people with a team attitude who smile and encourage others through both easy and tough tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; you feel comfortable speaking up when you have something important to say and can effectively interact with senior management or diverse stakeholders
- Mind for Process Improvement. You bring awareness and commitment to doing work effectively and efficiently. We want people who will see a way to streamline or improve a process and who won’t hesitate to share their ideas in making it happen.
- Champion of Fun. You support the idea that the team that works hard should play hard. We like people with a team attitude who smile and encourage others through both easy and tough tasks.
A few necessities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency in English and siSwati
- Valid Driver’s License
Application letters and curriculum vitae must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25th February 2021 citing the position applied for, Name and Surname in the email subject. No calls, please, No posted or hand delivered applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.