Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation in Mbabane and the associated Satellite Centers of Excellence (SCOE) at Background Hlathikhulu Government Hospital and RFM Hospital in Manzini are a manifestation of a public-private partnership between the Government of the Kingdom of Eswatini and Baylor College of Medicine, Texas, USA. The Foundation in collaboration with Eswatini Breast and Cervical Cancer Network (EBCCN), and the Forum for African Women Educationalists in Eswatini (FAWEESWA) implement a project named Educate for Cancer Prevention and Treatment (ECPT) in Eswatini.
The overarching goal of the project is raising awareness on the prevention, causes and treatment of breast, cervical, lung, prostate and Pediatric cancers as well as screening and treatment of pre-cancerous lesions through the Screen-and-Treat program.
The foundation seeks to immediately fill the following position.
- Lead project monitoring and evaluation activities to guide strategic decision-making and project planning consistent with donor guidelines and policies
- Facilitate the development and monitoring of an M&E plan and data management SOP’s Document/ write progress reports (quarterly and semi-annual) and disseminate program-related data to donor, steering and implementation committee meetings.
- Capture raw or semi-processed data from paper formats into computer files or database systems whilst ensuring accuracy and completeness of the data that has been captured
- Ensure project data meets good quality standards in all the stages of the data management chain.
- Update existing data where necessary
- Retrieve data from the redcap database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Ensure all paper based records are correctly and safely filed, adhering at all times data storage standard procedures.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for complete documents
- Produce ad hoc reports as requested by project team
- Collate monthly reports from project partners and ensure timely reporting to under
- Conduct quarterly data validation exercises
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in demography, statistics, social sciences or related field 1 -2 years’ experience working in the M&E health sector, especially Non- Communicable diseases
- Demonstrated experience conducting data quality assessments, data analysis, presentation and reporting Proficiency with one or more statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, Stata, Epi Info, MS Access)
- Knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and compute hardware and peripheral device
- Basic understanding of databases, redcap an added advantage
- Good command of English both oral and written
- Maintenance of strict confidentiality and professional etiquette to sensitive client information.
- Great attention to detail
- Application Letter addressed to the
- Executive Director,
- Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation- Swaziland,
- P.O. Box 110,
- Mbabane should be submitted to the Finance and Administration Manager at BCMCF Swaziland, Cnr Somhlolo and Sigwili Street, Kent Rock, Mbabane
- E-mail to: email@example.com
- All applications should be accompanied by a cover letter, CV and copies of certificates.
- Faxed applications will not be accepted.
- Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
- Deadline: 3 July 2020.