Ubombo Sugar Limited is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group, a leading producer of sugar and downstream products. Applications are ‘meted from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the above position that has arson in the Agriculture Function. This is a 24 months Feed Term Contract position
Reporting to the Vehicle Workshop Foreman or his/her nominee, the purpose of the job is to ensure that machinery is maintained within required specifications.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Conducting scheduled service work
• Allocating time estimate for all daily tasks and maintenance of fleet vehicles.
• Assisting with training of apprentices
• Carrying out detailed machinery inspection and necessary repairs.
• Doing pre-checks before working on machines and after disassembling any unit.
• Attending to breakdowns as assigned by Foreman
• Grade 1 Government Certificate or equivalent.
• At least two (2) years work experience.
• Having served apprenticeship would be an added advantage.
• Strong leadership and people management skills, results oriented and change driver, effective planning and organizing skills.
• Basic understanding of QSHE Policy.
The position offers a competitive package commensurate with qualifications, experience and value-add.
Applications with detailed C V, copies of qualifications. and names of two referees marked “Mechanic Artisan- fixed term contract”, must be emailed to the Human Resources Head at Recruitment@illovo.co.za on or before Friday 31 July, 2020.
Note: If you do not receive any correspondence within 21 days after the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.