Ubombo Sugar Limited is part of the Illovo Sugar African Troup, a leading producer of sugar and downstream products Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the above vacancy that has arisen in the Factory Function
THE JOB; Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the purpose of the job is to identify and provide improvements to maximize efficiency and output of all mechanical equipment and provide specialized mechanical engineering support to the factory maintenance teams to achieve their targets
KEY PERFOMANCE AREAS’,
• Ensure optimal performance of all mechanical equipment.
• Provide engineering support to the factory team in terms of equipment settings for the season (e.g. Boilers, Mill Settings, Centrifugal cycle optimization)
• Provide mechanical engineering support to the Maintenance Manager in terms of repairs to critical equipment / abnormal projects
• Provide mechanical engineering support to the Project Engineer / Optimization Manager, including management / overseeing of on site projects.
• Develop and manage season and off-crop mechanical budgets with Maintenance Manager, Finance Business Partner and optimization team.
• Develop Season and off-crop mechanical budgets with Maintenance Manager, Finance Business Partner, and optimization team and manage the budgets.
• Audit and analyze maintenance systems and processes with the aim of uncovering engineering related inefficiencies
• Address production losses caused by inefficient engineering systems by critically analyzing and maximizing the systems performance.
• Collaborate with Reliability Engineer to identify reliability improvements through design modifications and reliability improvement strategies.
• Drive maintenance improvements to optimize efficiency and output of all mechanical equipment
• Provide expertise on day-to-day mechanical engineering related issues, support and advise on solutions
• Provide technical and overall leadership to personnel under mechanical maintenance.
• Provide engineering support for specifications and plant
• Drive synergies with the Group, effectively partnering with Group counterparts to identify, share and embed opportunities for engineering optimization best practice
• Set direction, implement and monitor continuous improvement
• Conduct regular internal and external benchmarking exercises to identify and develop maintenance best practices and improvement opportunities.
• Manage and coordinate sharing of identified best practices, frameworks and minimum standards within function across entities and through the Head Office platform
• Maintain effective engagement with key maintenance and engineering service level providers
• Management of technical standards, specifications and group risk mitigation policies and governance thereof
• Responsible for statutory requirements as delegated by Maintenance Manager
• Identify and monitor KPIs to track performance and flag any issues.
• Promote and adhere to Company procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 3+ years experience in manufacturing environment —heavy industry would be an advantage.
• Continuous improvement knowledge and experience.
• Familiarity with Maximo would be an advantage.
The position offers a competitive package commensurate with qualifications, experience and value-add.
Applications with detailed C.V, copies of qualifications in PDF format, and names of two referees, marked “Mechanical Engineer (Maintenance)”, must be forwarded to the Human Resources Head, email address, Recruitment@illovo.co.za on or before 01 December 2021.
Note: If you do not receive any correspondence within 21 days after the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.