Maloma Colliery Limited, a Eswatini owned coal operation located in the Shiselweni and Lubombo region of Eswatini is the place for you. MCL produces anthracite coal products for the Metallurgical market.
Are you a qualified Mine Engineer looking to take your career to the next level?
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for hiring, training, assigning work duties, establishing work flows and priorities, coaching, providing performance feedback, accurately reporting hours worked, and time away and terminating staff members.
- Conducts field surveying and other data collection for short term mine planning. Updates and details existing mine plans for current operations.
- Coordinates with Other Managers to determine the most efficient and safe methods as well as sequencing for extracting coal for processing. Performs cycle time studies.
- Assists in creating mine plans and sequences for future long-term mining, including projected tonnage for the annual budget plan.
- Creates a master plan for mining all reserves, including calculating volumes, for life of mine projections (collaborates with Geology and Finance).
- Participates in Reclamation Planning by estimating volumes of material for reclamation movement in upcoming fiscal year. Updates and details existing reclamation plans for current operations.
- Assists with the annual review and updates of the Life of Mine (LOM) budgets to help create the annual reclamation budgets for all permitted mining properties.
- Conducts an annual review of permit conditions including Conditional Use Permits, approved Reclamation Plans, Mitigation requirements and other agency mining requirements as needed.
- Promotes a Zero Injury culture through personal adherence to all company safety policies and practices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other similar or additional duties are performed as assigned
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering-Mining, Geology with a mining background or equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Minimum five years in mining engineering environment or an equivalent combination of training and related experience.
- One year’s experience managing staff.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of computer software programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD, Quarry Software, or experience with an equivalent 3-dimensional mine planning software
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak, write and understand English at a proficient and understandable level
- Must demonstrate the ability to facilitate large group meetings with managers and staff
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, remaining composed and professional
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management practices
- Must develop and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally
- Must demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions based on experience and judgment
- Must demonstrate the ability to strategically formulate new or improved processes or procedures
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record when driving is a requirement of the job
- Preference will be given to locals (Emaswati).
- Building Successful Teams
- Communication (speaking, writing, listening)
- Integrity and Trust
- Safe Work Ethic
- Managing Complexity
- Reports to the Mine Manager
A competitive base salary (negotiable; depending on experience), plus large company benefits.
Applications accompanied by CV, copies of qualifications, reference letter (if any) must be submitted to the Human Resource Department, closing date: 30 November 2021.
NB: If you have not heard from MCL by 31 December 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.
Address: Maloma Colliery LTD
P.O Box 103
Fax No: (00268) 22079195
Tel No: (00268) 22073000
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org