Are you a qualified Mine Manager looking to take your career to the next level?
Maloma Colliery Limited, a Swazi owned Swazi coal operation located in the Shiselweni and Lubombo region of Swaziland is the place for you. MCL produces anthracite coal products for the Metallurgical market.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare operating plans, budgets, and spending proposals.
• Ensure workplace training is delivered consistently.
• Ensure that appropriate systems — such as strategy development, contract management and performance reporting — are developed and operational.
• Plan and complete mine contracts to enable sustainable volumes and grate for clients.
• Ensure safe and healthy work practices are maintained across all areas.
• Manage Production, Drill & Blast and Technical Services Departments.
• Ensure efficient utilisation of infrastructure and resources through sound operating practices.
• Ensure grade control measures are followed.
• Monitor the performance of Drill & Blast, Dewatering and Load & Haul actions monthly.
• Oversee the development of a robust life of mine plan.
• Analyse performance data criteria to identify continuous project improvement ideas.
• Supervise & coordinate contractors on site.
• Concentrate on minimizing the environmental effects of mining operations.
• Maintain compliance with all company and government legislation.
• Prepare reports for mining.
• Degree in Mining Engineering with an Unrestricted Quarry Manager’s Certificate or First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate.
• Minimum five years in a senior management role operating mine sites.
• Demonstrated experience managing geological functions in a coal mining operation.
• Blasting certificate for fiery mines
• Proven success in improving operational outcomes and performance.
• Medical Certificate of Fitness.
• Blasting Certificate policy of Mines
• Preference will be given to locals (Emaswati)
• English proficiency.
• Computer literacy.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Conflict Management, Social Interaction and Verbal Reasoning Skills.
• Ability to demonstrate good safe work practices and adherence to the company’s policies and procedures.
• A demonstrated willingness to follow policies and procedures.
• Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
A competitive base salary (negotiable; depending on experience), plus large company benefits.
Applications accompanied by CV, copies of qualifications, reference letter (if any) must be submitted to the Human Resource Department, closing date: 18 June 2021.
NB: If you have not heard from MCL by 25 June 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.
Maloma Colliery LTD
P.O Box 103 Matata- Eswatini
Fax No: (00268) 22079195
Tel No: (00268) 22073000
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org