Location : National TB Control Program, Manzini
Reports To: M&E Director, ICAP in Eswatini
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
The Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor will assist in strengthening and implementing a robust monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system at National TB Control Program (NTCP), support the program reporting requirements to ensure program accountability and timeliness in report submissions to MOH and stakeholders. The incumbent will maintain up to date monitoring data and build the capacity of staff to monitor and evaluate the National TB Control Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the review, development and periodic update of the TB M&E plan
• Support the enhancement of the TB M&E unit
• Enhance documentation, reporting, and dissemination of program achievements and lessons learned across all programs.
• Assist in data analysis for compilation of TB epidemiological quarterly, annual and ad hoc program data and reports.
• Implement data collection plan in collaboration with the NTCP M&E Plan
• Support and document on site data verification (onsite) and data quality audits (DQA)
• Provide supportive supervision for the routine TB/HIV data collection and reporting at the TB center and TB hospital.
• Provide on-the-job mentoring on issues related to data collection, management, analysis and use to all level of TB control
• Help guide the development or refinement of TB recording and reporting tools related to M&E including patient tracking forms, medication tracking forms, program indicators and data management systems in order to enhance program documentation.
• Assist in the preparation of project monitoring, evaluation and/or review reports and provide regular feedback to the key project technical staff;
• Support collection and maintenance of baseline and thematic data as well as track performance against set targets
• Support program review meetings and other forums of data utilization and dissemination
• Collaborate with MOH/SID and partner to monitor key TB, TB/HIV indicators.
• Work with the MOH/SID, M&E to integrate TB data into the HMIS M&E systems for new program.
• Support the design and implementation of evaluation and research studies
• Master’s degree in epidemiology, bio statistics, public health, social sciences or a related discipline with at least three years’ experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems. Or, a Bachelor’s degree in epidemiology, bio statistics, public health, social sciences or a related discipline with at least five years’ experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation system.
Skills and Experience
• Five years’ relevant work in M&E for health especially TB, and HIV programs
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (in English)
• Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills;
• Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities
• Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
• Professional competency in MS Windows, outlook, Word, Excel, Access; and at least one statistical package like STATA, SPSS, SAS, Epi-info
• Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative, and the ability to work with others.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should logon to https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu and follow the instructions.
Closing date for applications to be submitted: Monday 20th January 2020 at 17:00pm,
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting on line. Only short listed applicants will be contacted with preference given to qualifying Swati nationals. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us 3 weeks after the closing.