Location: Premier Eswatini – Beverages
Reporting to: Site Manager
Purpose of the job: To maintain to overall effectiveness of equipment and plant on site which includes Electrical and Mechanical support.
- To anticipate and identify possible machine reliability problems, which could appear and take appropriate actions to ensure manufacturing process continuity.
- To facilitate and lead problem solving process; provide inputs/suggestions to the Maintenance Foreman for continuous improvement.
- To record and analyse breakdown trends per machine using maintenance system in order to motivate equipment improvement in our purchases.
- Perform standby on a rotational basis.
- To render support on ad hoc projects e.g renovate and refurbish machines/installation and commission in order to optimize process flow.
- To ensure compliance with relevant Food Safety, Health Safety and GMP requirements through the maintenance of process and document controls according to SOPs.
- To provide on job coaching for Handyman and Apprentices as and when required in tine with Premier’s Leadership Promise.
- To supervise, train and coach Operators regarding SOPS and work instructions to ensure best operating practices.
Qualifications ft Experience:
- Appropriate engineering qualifications
- Grade 1 Test Certificate
- Must have served apprenticeship
- 5-7 years’ experience in relevant trade
- 5 years’ experience in an FMCG environment; experience in a brewery environment and knowledge of PLC’s and pneumatics an added advantage.
- Experience with High-Speed Continuous Operations
Competencies (Knowledge, skills and attributes):
- Proficient computer skills
- Core business processes and capabilities
- Organizing / Planning
- Accuracy Et attention to detail
- Ability to function in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to read drawings
- Ability to work outside electrical/ mechanical boundary
- Knowledge of safety checks on electrical /mechanical equipment in accordance with 01-ISA
- Good communication skills
- Innovation / Continuous Improvement
- Sense of urgency/ results orientation
- Ability to work outside normal working hours (shift work on a rotational basis)
- Work overtime as a result of breakdowns and planned maintenance when required
- Applicants to please register their CV’s via email to: Recruitment@PremierFMCG.com
- NB: When submitting your application, please write “MULTI SKILLED ARTISAN” as a subject.
- PS: Should you not receive a reply within a month from your applications please treat as unsuccessful.
Closing Date 30th September 2022