Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Switzerland is an independent international humanitarian medical organisation working in over 80 countries worldwide. MSF is working in Swaziland, Shiselweni Region, in partnership with the Ministry of Health, to improve (DR) TB and HIV services.
In the framework of the above, MSF is recruiting a Nurse (Operational Research) to be part of the MSF team.
Duty station: Nhlangano
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population in the operational research setting.
• Responsible for the study procedures outlined in operational research
• Organize the study implementation in the health facilities by liasing with different counterparts
• Do screening, consultation, counseling, sample collection and laboratory procedures together with research team Ensure screening/study tools are in place and adhere the eligibility criteria to screen every client attending the health facility and include all eligible study participants with their consent
• Provide information of the research to participants and obtain informed consent
• Make sure study participants receive all necessary treatment, care, and investigations and record those in the data collection tools
• Follow up the index contacts and perform partner notification as required
• Participate in the training and capacity development and dissemination of study information to wider audience
• Report on any issue with discrepancies deviated from the study procedures and any urgent information immediately
• Ensure confidentiality of medical and study data at all time
• Ensure the verification of collected data together with data entry supervisor and participate in the data cleaning process
Education: Essential Nurse degree/diploma or Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Desirable: Diploma in research studies/medical statistics.
Experience : 2 years of previous work experience as a nurse in HIV/TB setting, hands on patient consultation, demonstrate experience in supervising and training others in team setting, and experience in carrying out research and data management.
Languages: English and Siswati essential. Competencies Results & quality orientation, teamwork & cooperation, behavioral flexibility, stress management.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their application including: motivational letter, CV, recommendation letters, and certified copies of academic certificates to the
Personnel Administration Manager,
MSF Nhlangano Office,
Plot 442, Ext 3 McAlpine,
PO Box 572, Nhlangano.
Applications may also be emailed to
on or before the 30th November 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in MSF Nhlangano office.